Dash board help need some ideas.

My 2006 stratos dash boat has a few cracks in it. And the dash pad is just weak to my standards. I feel some broken corners on it (the dash pad). Looking for materials types have a guy that’s has a laser cutter. Was trying to see if any of y’all have changed out your dash.

2. Member
    Try a piece of stainless and wrap it with vinyl or lexan

3. Member
    Are you talking about the black vinyl dash or the grey inserts in the dash panel?

My 1994 201 was the same way, plus, it had the old school round flasher right in the middle. I have some woodworking tools, so I basically replicated the dash insert by laminating plywood together until it was about 2 inches thick, then traced the old dash and cut out the plywood. I then traced my Lowrance unit where I wanted it, and laid out the gauges so everything would fit. I then shaped it on a belt sander, sealed the plywood, then covered it with bondo. I worked the bondo, sanded, added, worked some more until it looked like it was molded. No more busted foam ugliness, and my electronics are not only flush mounted, but actually recessed about a quarter of an inch for a nice custom look.

1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

5. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    I'm using a plastic cutting board painted satin black. I traced the dash panel onto a 10mm thick cutting board and cut it with a jig saw and bevelled the edges. I reinforced the top and bottom of the dash pad lip with strips of cutting board 3M taped to the back edge top and bottom. The dash panel is to be screwed through the lip and back reinforcement strips.

I'm deep-sixing the RPM and useless speedo guages. Those will be replaced by a MercMonitor L1 gauge to the left side and an HDS 8 bolted slightly off center to the right. That way the screen will be directly in the center of the dash, and the vertical touch keys slightly off to the right of the steering wheel for easy access.

I've done the cutting board shuffle before in other configurations. It's inexpensive, stout, and looks great!
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassnailer View Post

So nice!