Fortex hangs up a little when placing it in water

I have had my Fortrex for about 4 years now and since the day I got it when placing it down it hangs up some how and does not lock in place. I just push down on the head a little then it locks into place when in the water. I have tried taking a file to the 2 black wings that retract when pulling on the cable with no luck. When I have to push down on the head to lock it in place the TM makes a thud sound because it did not seat into the base all the way. Have any of you guys had this happen ? My Humminbird 360 helps with this because it makes the shaft a little heavier.

2. Member
    I would say your mount has a twist in it. This is due to the angle of the deck of your boat. I would try to loosen the screws on the very front edge of the mount just a tab and check. Keep doing it until it locks by it self. then check to see if you have a gap between the deck and the troll motor base. if the gap is 1/8 or more you will need to add a spacer between the mount and the deck. Also it could just be one side and not the other. My guess is the right front bolt when facing the the boat looking towards the back.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    I would say your mount has a twist in it. This is due to the angle of the deck of your boat. I would try to loosen the screws on the very front edge of the mount just a tab and check. Keep doing it until it locks by it self. then check to see if you have a gap between the deck and the troll motor base. if the gap is 1/8 or more you will need to add a spacer between the mount and the deck. Also it could just be one side and not the other. My guess is the right front bolt when facing the the boat looking towards the back.
    This
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    The Fortrex that I had on my P2 did that. Had to step on the arm to get it to click and lock down into place when deployed. Just something that I did for two years that I got used to. My Ultrex does not do that.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    Makes sense , you are probably right