Lake Anna night fishing

I've only been on Anna a couple times in the fall and only north of 208. How's late before the boat traffic dies down on a Saturday night to comfortably fish the main channel? Are the shoals well marked? Are there a lot of lights along shore? Houses, lighted docks, etc.

If it's not well lot and well marked I'll probably get a little more time on the lake before fishing it at night. I do plan to get there a few hours before dark to scout a bit and lay a GPS track.

2. Member
    It’s ok. You get some reflection off of the docks up lake. Which makes it safer. Most people still go up lake to fish. Even in the dark. I would recommend down lake. It’s spread out well I have confidants in that clear water during low light. But things are marked well. It’s very possible to get some good night fishing in.

3. Member
    Thanks

4. Member
    There is really one island north of the 208 that you have to worry about......if you stay in the channel you will have no problems at all....post a report of how you do I have wondered for awhile how the night fishing on Anna is..nobody really ever talks about it.

5. Member
    I've never fished at night but always wondered how it would be. I'm on Anna almost weekly and would be up for giving a night trip a try.
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

6. Member
    Thanks to all for the input. There won't be a report from me this weekend, work happens. If I do get to go over the next few weeks I'll give a report. Bassinbee, you might get an invite if I do. Night fishing is practically all I did from memorial day to labor day before moving to MD. Anna is 2.5 hours away so it's not an easy trip but I miss fishing at night a lot.