Thread: Vexus question.

Vexus question.

I have seen some picutres on a 1980 that have a buckle latch on the step up to the front deck. I have also seen pictures and video's that show a finished boat with no buckle on the step. So what is that all about? Is a buckle included or not?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Desertdog619; 08-14-2018 at 09:33 PM.

2. Member
    2080 don't think even had a latch. Was also surprised no gas springs on the two lids on the bow. Little bit of wind and those will be annoying, then again on my Triton I had to add those as an upgrade. Sure that's an option as an upgrade.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 08-15-2018 at 04:57 AM.

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    I have seen some picutres on a 1980 that have a buckle latch on the step up to the front deck. I have also seen pictures and video's that show a finished boat with no buckle on the step. So what is that all about? Is a buckle included or not?
    We put that strap on the first several boats built, then after using them for a while realized it was getting in the way (tangled in the landing net, lures caught in it when Re-tieing, line getting caught in it).. so we stopped putting them in.
    there hasn't been an issue running without the strap

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    We put that strap on the first several boats built, then after using them for a while realized it was getting in the way (tangled in the landing net, lures caught in it when Re-tieing, line getting caught in it).. so we stopped putting them in.
    there hasn't been an issue running without the strap
    gotcha. See this is what happens when fisherman design fishing boats. ����

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    2080 don't think even had a latch. Was also surprised no gas springs on the two lids on the bow. Little bit of wind and those will be annoying, then again on my Triton I had to add those as an upgrade. Sure that's an option as an upgrade.

Are you referring to the storage box and the cooler just in front of the console?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hsumaverick01 View Post
    Are you referring to the storage box and the cooler just in front of the console?
    Probably not so much the cooler but possible the storage locker and the port side rod locker would be my guess. The center rod locker has 2 of them factory provided

7. Member
    That's what I thought I saw from the video released.

8. Member
    As more engine options start getting out on the actual boats will there be any kind of performance reports?

9. Member
    As more engine options start getting out on the actual boats will there be any kind of performance reports?
    I’m sure there will be. I’m expecting to get my 1980 in 4 to 6 weeks and it should be one of very few that will have the Mercury 150 Pro XS motor. So once I get itbroken in I can see what the real performance is.

10. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    i hope so.. i can spout off numbers all day, but after the dust clears it is the customers opinions that matter !
    so I would really like to start hearing from Vexus Owners about their boat and how it performs..

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."