Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    Here ya go Mack...

http://links.email1.ascent360.org/se...Q4S0&mt=1&rt=0

We've made changes to MyHumminbird so software updates are easier to download.
    Can't see this email properly? View Online

We are very excited to let you know about exciting changes we have made to our website. For the last several months, we have been working behind the scenes on redesigning the Humminbird website in order to enhance your experience. The goal was to make it easier for you to find answers to questions you have about Humminbird fish finders, navigation, sonar, imaging and mapping solutions. We are pleased to announce the site has relaunched and we encourage you to visit!

Changes to MyHumminbird

One improvement we were able to accomplish was to make it easier for our existing customers to locate and download software updates for their fish finders and accessories. We did this by eliminating the need for customers to register their product(s) and then sign-in via a myHumminbird account to get software updates. Instead, you can now locate all our latest software updates at any time under the Support menu at the top of the page.

In turn, by making these files public, it eliminated the need for us to continue the support of myHumminbird.
    For those of you who previously registered products and had a myHumminbird account, this will be a big change and you may have some questions. To assist those who were used to visiting myHumminbird we have created a myHumminbird FAQ page to assist and direct you to the right location. If you bookmarked the myHumminbird page, you will automatically be redirected to the FAQ page as well.

Changes to Humminbird Select

Another change we have made as a result of the new website is the elimination of Humminbird Select, our program designed around our premium fish finders such as the HELIX 12/10/9 Series and our SOLIX Series. As you may recall, purchasing and registering one of these select models entitled you to a unique 1-800 number for service calls and an additional year of warranty on your products. Rest assured, if you have an eligible product and there’s still time on the 2-year warranty, nothing will change. You can still call-in using that number and our customer service representatives will be able to look up your eligible products.

Thanks again for your continued support of Humminbird. It’s an exciting time for us, with groundbreaking technologies and new models continuously being introduced. We look forward to helping you improve your time on the water, and making it easier to execute any future software updates.
    Software updates
    Software updates are now available without having to sign up or log in.
    Customer service
    Call, email, or chat with a Humminbird customer service representative.

This email was sent to sfw1960@gmail.com
    We respect your right to privacy - view our policy.
    Update Profile | Unsubscribe
    MANAGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS
    This email was sent by:
    Johnson Outdoors Inc.
    555 Main Street Ste. 230
    Racine, WI 53403

Not very nice IMO....................

Thank You Sir Robert #######. I need to check my dates there probably getting close.

2. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    That’s one of the worst statements I’ve ever seen from a Corp. To its customers. Guess we can blame the web site and not mgmt for the loss of the Select pgm and the extra 12 mo warranty.
    Indeed Jim.
    If you and others send emails to HB voicing your opinions and displeasure of how it's currently treating customers, maybe something can be done.
    My last Helix barely made it under the date - but that's unfortunate for folks like you that expected 2 years and didn't get it.
    I've been too busy to send an email to a person and I haven't been around here or my own "home" website either much.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

3. Member
    Indeed Jim.
    If you and others send emails to HB voicing your opinions and displeasure of how it's currently treating customers, maybe something can be done

sfw1960

I would think if they monitor websites like BBC plus social media sites, they would have all the info they need for current R&D problems and Customer Service suggestions.

Single emails are met with somewhat of a "Meh" attitude these days.

As with most companies, first contact support are low pay script readers.
    They are graded on how fast is the response and how fast they send you on your way to try something that is probably useless, but on their script nonetheless.

Real support is a group or single person that takes care of you until a final resolution is found for your problem.
    Having dealt with 3 different manufactures, I would now have to give that nod to Garmin.

They just don't get how much guys like you(sfw1960) and Wayne and LWinchester2 over on Garmin and others, really help their businesses.

We all appreciate what you guys do for the groups, but I sometimes wonder if what all you guys give freely, allows these companies to slack off on information, support and customer service.

Thanks for all the help you guys provide

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post

sfw1960

I would think if they monitor websites like BBC plus social media sites, they would have all the info they need for current R&D problems and Customer Service suggestions.

Single emails are met with somewhat of a "Meh" attitude these days.

As with most companies, first contact support are low pay script readers.
    They are graded on how fast is the response and how fast they send you on your way to try something that is probably useless, but on their script nonetheless.

Real support is a group or single person that takes care of you until a final resolution is found for your problem.
    Having dealt with 3 different manufactures, I would now have to give that nod to Garmin.

They just don't get how much guys like you(sfw1960) and Wayne and LWinchester2 over on Garmin and others, really help their businesses.

We all appreciate what you guys do for the groups, but I sometimes wonder if what all you guys give freely, allows these companies to slack off on information, support and customer service.

Thanks for all the help you guys provide
    Thanks for the kind words, but that's not going to save the boat is it???

There IS power in numbers Mike - and if we all just lay down & take it, that gives the OEMs a free pass to just to pee in your Cheerios doesn't it?

If nothing else, VOTE with your wallet.

I expect software bugs, I work on a PC all day with some really "fine stuff"...

What I don't expect a company to do is put it's profits before it's customers which ultimately boil down to it's very existence, and I surely understand the egg head mentality others have mentioned.

I've seen the my "job is more important that yours" mentality kill off a few places in person more than once just as Bill mentioned.
    "Customers can survive without our business. Our business cannot survive with no customers."
    Nothing wrong with cost cutting AT ALL, but not the jugular vein where the money's main profit is flowing from - the Golden Goose bleeds too.

I've been runnin' with HB over a decade and spent more than just a few thousand on products and the draw of having units under warranty most of my ownership was a plus that now is gone, no option to even purchase a warranty extension!

I'm just one of thousands that "Nobody is ANYBODY anymore" and depending how this current policy is upheld will determine where I point my wallet to VOTE.

Business and Betrayal start with the same letter, they don't have to mean the same thing in my "Nobody is ANYBODY anymore" opinion.

sfw
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

5. Banned
    Well I was thinking of buying a new Mega 10, now I’m thinking about another brand.

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinger View Post
    Well I was thinking of buying a new Mega 10, now I’m thinking about another brand.
    If you're OK with a one year warranty .....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

7. Member
    The incentive for me now is to just buy cheap throw away units. Run them until failure and then go buy another one. Sort of like the watches I wear...LOL If the units were reliable as they market them to be then should be no risk in a 2yr warranty. Maybe there's some truth to the fact they just don't make them like they used to....LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

I think this warranty reduction has definitely been a bonus for anyone selling used equipment.

They have the erratic depth reading problem that is causing a lot of discontent .... and they are taking a LONG time to fix that ... and they have the warranty reduction which is a slap in the face to all their loyal customers. They need to patch the holes in the dike.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

9. Member
    The loss of the 2yr warranty will certainly weigh in my decision on my next purchase. Does anybody else have more than a 1 year warranty on their units? Bob

10. Member
    Gonna have to think long and hard about updating to new software after the warranty expires. The free software upgrade may cost several hundred dollars if it bricks the unit. That's a lot of money to risk for only having a unit for a year. Definatly doesn't give me any peace of mind
    Last edited by ntslam; 08-22-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    The loss of the 2yr warranty will certainly weigh in my decision on my next purchase. Does anybody else have more than a 1 year warranty on their units? Bob
    Everyone does that got the 2 year Humminbird Select before the website changed. No NEW purchases will have a 2 year warranty since Humminbird Select was discontinued.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Sorry. I was referring to other companies.(Low,Garm,etc.)

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Sorry. I was referring to other companies.(Low,Garm,etc.)
    Garmin & lowrance 2 years , Raymarine 3 years

14. Member
    If that is the case HB's decision makes no sense at any level! I thought I saw one year on lowrance but maybe some particular units?

15. Member
    Buy a new boat with HB units on it don’t you get 36 months warranty on all the equipment, inc the HBs?

16. Member
    Buy a new boat with HB units on it don’t you get 36 months warranty on all the equipment, inc the HBs?
    No.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    No.
    On a Ranger Boat it does. Did on mine when I bought it and does on my buddies new 2018 Z521L.

18. Member
    On a Ranger Boat it does. Did on mine when I bought it and does on my buddies new 2018 Z521L.

Are you saying Ranger is covering/extending warranty to HB units for an additional two years, at who’s cost.

19. Member
    With a $100,000 boat you do.
    I just priced one out. Only 85G's + tax (Z521L)
    https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...-your-own.html
    Last edited by bobcoy; 08-22-2018 at 07:23 PM.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loganmartincat View Post
    Are you saying Ranger is covering/extending warranty to HB units for an additional two years, at who’s cost.
    My buddy said all equipment on his boat is covered for 36 months. Jackplate, Ultrex trolling motor, two Lowrance Carbon 12s, Hot Foot, etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast