Thread: Lake Tobesofkee

Lake Tobesofkee

Anyone fish it? How is it?

2. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    I have never fished it. Went by there a few years ago was planning to go and never did.

3. Member
    There are fish in it but you have to go early and late. There is a ton of traffic on it. The best pattern I've found is to fish the rip rap with square bills and plastics. Another good pattern is to skip jigs and plastics under docks. Get there at daylight and plan on fishing a few hours or get there a couple hours before dark.

4. Member
    Been on it once many years ago and best I can remember it was round and took less than 2 minutes to get from the ramp to the furthest end. I do recall catching a few fish though, but nothing to make me want to go back.

5. Member
    The Tobesofkee I'm talking about is not big and round. Plus unless you got a got a 250 it will take more than two minutes to get from one end to the other. I've caught some decent fish on that lake but it has been about ten years ago. I have a friend that fishes it and he caught some fives and sixes last year during the spring on rattlebaits. I live in Macon but have a house on Sinclair so I primarily fish it now. I fish Toby occasionally when I can't make to the lake house and enjoy it when I go. Beats honey do's.

6. Member
    By round I am simply stating it's not one of the big sprawling reservoirs like we are most familiar with here in our state. To me it is kind round but maybe more like an egg. Like I said it was many years ago when I fished it and it was just a random vote from the club that put us there. I do, as mentioned, recall catching some fish, just seemed like we were always waiting in line to fish the better looking areas. Small lake, and as far as I know about the only one for the Macon area without driving a great distance. That may be why it seemed to be so crowded, kinda like Jackson lake gets, my former home lake. Not implying anything bad about the lake just trying to give the OP some idea from what I remember.