Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    2014 Honda Civic with factory remote start and it is designed to shut off when the door is opened to enter the vehicle.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

All Toyota and Lexus vehicles with push button start do this with factory remote start. Some of the aftermarket remote starters have options to prevent it, but that means replacing your current remote start with another.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

I'm so old when I saw push start I though you were talking about pushing a car to start it . I bet most of you on here don't know what I'm talking about .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I'm so old when I saw push start I though you were talking about pushing a car to start it . I bet most of you on here don't know what I'm talking about .
    And doesn't it suck when the driver pops the clutch when you aren't ready ... bumper to the gut.

5. Joe4d
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I thought same thing.. My grandfather lived on a hill, rolled his truck off for years,, till I got a job at burger king and bought him a new starter for Christmas,,,
    He told me I wasted my money,,

Another reason I hope GM never puts a push start in their trucks. My GMC is still key start and has factory remote start and an aftermarket Compustar remote car starter that I had installed from my last truck. I can start it remotely and it will run for 25 minutes. I can unlock the doors, get in, put key to on position and drive away. I can start it with the Compustar as many times as I want. Factory remote is limited to 2 10 minute starts.

Yes, old enough to have push started a few cars.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

Heck I'm only 30 but my first car got "coast started" all the time. It was a finicky bastard...
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Heck I'm only 30 but my first car got "coast started" all the time. It was a finicky bastard...
    I was happy when my who start at about 1 mph , you know its running sweet when it starts that good . Heck I've push started automatics but it take another truck to push . I've been so broke that I had 1 good battery to start both trucks , just put it up to cables then crank then hook running car to dead battery .

You have a brand new truck with remote start, so you can sit down in a pre-heated/pre-cooled vehicle - and you are irritated by having to start it when you sit down in it??

Tell you what, I'm here to help. I'll gladly trade you even-up for my '06 Yukon XL.
    Mind you, the A/C doesn't work anymore, ABS and traction system dash lights have a mind of their own, rear window defroster and wiper don't work, needs tires, and it's dying from cancer, from the ground up. But it comes with two honest-to-goodness metal keys that you need to physically start it, so you won't have any concerns about remote start to deal with!

10. Member
    My 17 F350 can be left running while going in the store and you can lock the doors no matter where the key is. I always leave mine running with the doors locked while pumping fuel or running in the store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12