Mounting a lowrance transducer to a Minnkota power drive 2 trolling motor

A friend just bought a new to him used bass boat. The new boat came with a Lowrance unit already on the console. So he has taken the Lowrance unit from his old boat and would like to mount the transducer on his trolling motor. The trolling motor is a powerdrive2. When you lift it out of the water , the shaft slides through a hole in a bracket which allows the motor to be lifted and tilted back. Problem is with the motor shaft going through the block, how do you secure the the transducer cable to the motor shaft?
    There's a bunch of all electric trolling motors out there, so I know someone on the boards must have had the same problem, and figured it out.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
    Steve

2. Member
    Very hard to manage the cable of an external transducer on a Powerdrive or Ulterra. I would venture to say it is next to impossible. I do not know or have not seen any solution for this.

The Power Drive may be different but here is a link to a commercially available bracket for Terova and Xi5. Seems it would pick up a lot of vegetation though
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=731793

I helped a friend mount a Lowrance HDI Transducer on an Xi5. We slit a coiled 3/8 air hose to get 5 wraps around the shaft at the motor then secured the cable to the TM head. Hard to describe. There is a thread on one of the forums with pics but I could not find it. You may want to search for it.
    Last edited by Bill Reynolds; 08-15-2018 at 08:56 AM.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    It won't happen without some southern ingenuity and luck. Even if you could secure the cable, you still have the problem of the motor turning causing the cable to tighten against the steering housing and break. this is where the coiled air hose mentioned above comes into play.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    I kinda figured that the only way to do it was to rig something along the idea of the coil cord and bracket fix.

Thank You all for your input. It is appreciated..

Steve