Smart Tabs. Does anyone with a Ranger have these on their boat?

Just putting this out there. Do any of you RANGER boat owners have Smart Tabs on your boat? If so what problem were you having and was it resolved with tabs?

2. Banned
    Go back put to the main page and scroll down to the Ranger page. Someone on there will be able to answer your question.

3. Banned
    Guy in the mercury 4 stroke page that has a Ranger intercostal with tabs on it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinRay View Post
    Just putting this out there. Do any of you RANGER boat owners have Smart Tabs on your boat? If so what problem were you having and was it resolved with tabs?
    Trim tabs help you get on plane better. All of the Gambler bass boats built after 2000 have them. They are really good for shallow water and rough water conditions. I added a set to my 1999 gambler and it made a huge difference in holeshot and rough water ride.

5. Member
    I just talked with my Ranger Dealer and he mentioned that Gambler put them on as you said. So far this is exactly what I had heard from a Ranger 185 owner. This fisherman said he will never own another boat without them. He said you won't regret putting them on

6. Member
    My Ranger dealer mentioned that inter-coastal fishermen with 20- 22' used tabs alot. Rough water etc. He is suggesting I put tabs on only as a last resort but he agrees it would most likely resolve issue. He is working with me and trying not to spend more $$ or add more weight to stern.

7. Member
    One thing to remember.... Gambler trim tabs systems are built into the hull. The actuators are plumbed inside the hull. I would try to fix it with a different prop first. With the after market install the actuators are mounted outside of the hull. There will be some added weight also.

8. Member
    Agreed. Ranger dealer said same
    Thank you