Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    I expect the new Rangers will be too nice for my taste. All I like is auto, windows, locks, tilt/cruise and basic radio. Ford makes you buy a bunch of unwanted items in their Easy Order packages where they give big discounts.

The big engine is a 2.3 Ecoboost which is not the most economical engine around. But it would be a real hoss with the 2.7 six cylinder twin Ecoboost.

Heres your pricing breakdown.

" A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

3. Joe4d
    whats wrong with crappy steel wheels ? Have never once had a tire fall off. They go round and round

4. Member
    I want cozy wings back in my windows, hillbilly a/c for me.

5. Member
    You can still get stripped down trucks but that isn't what the majority wants....Just like most want loaded up Bass Boats...They just finance it for a couple of extra years...Not saying that is the right thing to do but manufacturers have to look at the majority not the minority..
    A guy I work with just bought a 2 door F150, 2 wheel drive, bare bones...It actually is pretty cool seeing a standard cab again, you hardly ever see them anymore...
    All the manufacturers will set you up with a work truck if that is what you want...My guess most don't take the time to look around or find out they want to spend the extra money for a loaded up rig after all..
    With the cost of steel and Aluminum skyrocketing don't expect vehicles to get any cheaper..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

6. Member
    I had a 2016 Colorado with a 2.8L diesel which towed 7000 lbs and had a 20/29 mpg rating (i did average 25) Now I own a 2018 with the same diesel engine and the towing dropped to 5000 lbs and mileage went to 19/22 mpg's (i'm averaging 21) Crazy!!!

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chsapeak View Post
    I had a 2016 Colorado with a 2.8L diesel which towed 7000 lbs and had a 20/29 mpg rating (i did average 25) Now I own a 2018 with the same diesel engine and the towing dropped to 5000 lbs and mileage went to 19/22 mpg's (i'm averaging 21) Crazy!!!
    Same exact spec'd out truck?

Quote Originally Posted by 05ranger View Post
    They will sell the crap out of them. Well bye bye Tacoma and your rusted break in half frames!
    Toyota has ruled that market for years, doubt they are going to give it up.

9. Member
    It looks like a cross between the Nissan Titan and a Tacoma.
    Hi Mike.

10. Member
    Hopefully it may get Toyota thinking about a small v-8 in the Tacoma/4Runner. Probably get 12 mpg like my Tundra but a lot easier to park.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chsapeak View Post
    5000 rating, you must have the ZR2, off road, then. Otherwise 7000 for gas and 7700 for the diesel with trailing package. Wife gets 25 plus MPG back and forth to work, 60 mile round trip on country roads with the v6 gas. If the lead footed daughter drives, drops to 24 mpg. About the same figuring the mph manually. When she did let me use it to tow my heavy 18 foot Lund, did not even know it was there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wall-I; 08-15-2018 at 10:48 AM.

12. Member
    The Ford ranger raptor they are selling over seas is Bad to the bone, I would consider one of those but for has said it would probably never make it stateside.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Toyota has ruled that market for years, doubt they are going to give it up.
    They sell so many Tacomas that they rarely offer any incentives.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

14. #FRB
    Holy hell I'm north of $33k on an extended cab XLT 4x2 with the 302a package (yeah power heated seats and remote start has turned me into a candy ass). And of course spray-in liner, towing package, and locking diff. Still probably at least 10 grand less than an F-150 optioned the same (someone can check on that for me if they want because I have no use for the wider full size truck so don't care). I feel like the only way the Ranger will fail is if they price it at or more than a similar Tacoma. I bet the Ranger sells for sticker without any problem the first year. I'd have to drive and go over the Ranger and Coloranyon with a fine tooth comb to decide which I like better and to justify the extra price if the one I like better costs more. I'll be looking hard and doing the dance about 2 years from right now.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Hopefully it may get Toyota thinking about a small v-8 in the Tacoma/4Runner. Probably get 12 mpg like my Tundra but a lot easier to park.
    Won't ever happen. I'm going to guess that the v8 maybe gone in the Tundras when they redo them as well.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    They sell so many Tacomas that they rarely offer any incentives.
    You can get 10% off tacomas pretty much all the time. Yeah the salesman says they sell for sticker, but make the offer 10% below and they will take it. I did that on a 2017 trd crew cab they were gonna order for me, gave them a deposit and everything. Got tired of the delay and got my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    The 4.7L V8 used to be available but now its just a big V6.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    You can get 10% off tacomas pretty much all the time. Yeah the salesman says they sell for sticker, but make the offer 10% below and they will take it. I did that on a 2017 trd crew cab they were gonna order for me, gave them a deposit and everything. Got tired of the delay and got my money back.
    Yes, there is always wiggle room in the price. By incentives, I mean financing offers or cash back rebates offered by the company. I didn't mean they sell them at sticker price, when I priced one 10% off sticker was about right.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

19. Member
    again, give me a truck with power windows and locks, a naturally aspirated yet adequately powerful engine, manual transmission, and 4 x 4. i dont want or need anything else.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

20. Member
    I remember in 2004 I was a senior in high school and bought a brand new fx4 with the 4.0 v6 for 16k.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast