Is My 2004 200 HO Beyond Repair! RIP

Been having an issue with my 200 HO model E200FHLSRC. Out a couple weeks ago making a long run coming back to the ramp and I get an alarm and check engine light. Engine goes into slow mode so I slowly make it back to the ramp. I suspect I have an EMM overheat condition so I flush the EMM and vapor separator tank and all lines. Take the boat back out Saturday and make a short run. Fish a couple hours and take off again. Go about 1/2 mile and get the alarm and slow mode. I think that is odd since I did not go very far. Let her sit a little while and try to go again and the boat cannot get on plane. Alarm sounds and the engine stays in slow mode. I get the boat home and took it to the dealer today. The engine history report shows the EMM overheat I had a few weeks ago and now shows Fuel Injector Circuit Open for cylinders #2 and #5. (latest occurrence happened Saturday) How does that happen??? What would cause two injectors to go bad like that. Injectors are no longer available from Evinrude so if someone knows of a source please let me know. Debating on weather to put any more money in this motor or not!! The engine has been a strong and fairly reliable but when it has issues they are very expensive issues!

In the parts forum there is a guy parting out new injectors with the coefficient numbers. I believe he is asking $250 a piece for the injectors.

Here is the link:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=917605
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I agree $2K in injectors would be better spent towards another motor. There are two dealers for the starboard side that has them instock and one for the port side but at $978 and $922 respectively plus the labor to install them....You'd be better off parting out the motor. Now if you were to find a port and starboard injector that has the coefficients available at a decent price that may be the way to go.

4. Member
    Thanks guys!

The 40V that drives the injectors comes from the PDP and #2 and #5 are fed by the same circuit through a 10 amp fuse in position 6. Makes me think you have a blown fuse or a bad connection in the PDP.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danrude View Post
    The 40V that drives the injectors comes from the PDP and #2 and #5 are fed by the same circuit through a 10 amp fuse in position 6. Makes me think you have a blown fuse or a bad connection in the PDP.
    Good catch Dan!!! Sure is worth a shot.

7. Member
    Thanks, I will check it out. It did seem odd to me that two injectors failed at the same time!

8. Member
    Good morning all! I have removed my PDP and not sure how to get to the circuit board. Do you pry apart the two pieces to get inside? Thing seems pretty solid. P/N 586736 written on the side.

You have to pry the back off.
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

If the fuse is blown, don't overlook the possibility of an internal injector driver problem inside the EMM if the wiring and PDP check out OK. It is not real common but it shows up occasionally
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

11. Member
    Thanks guys, the PDP checks out OK and the fuse was not blown. I will check the wiring. If it was your engine would you send the EMM for a check by DFI or someone similar? I checked compression and it was 120 on all six hole. This was a cold check with all plugs removed.

I would call DFI and talk to them about checking the injectors, PDP and EMM. They may work with you without it costing too much, worth a try.
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2