Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Fishing a tx on Hernando sunday,it's an open,just show up and fish. $60.00 per.Team or boat : Big Sun Bass Club,out of Ocala,good guys .

2. Member
    Yes why arent the top tier local guys saying anything? Where are THEY? Not that I consider Kim Stricker Top Tier, but I commented on another thread that when he fished at the marsh on his show 'Hook and Look' a few months ago, he actually had a segment on the show where he promoted spraying "here in Florida". How does that happen?$?

Quote Originally Posted by soulfisher View Post
    Yes why arent the top tier local guys saying anything? Where are THEY? Not that I consider Kim Stricker Top Tier, but I commented on another thread that when he fished at the marsh on his show 'Hook and Look' a few months ago, he actually had a segment on the show where he promoted spraying "here in Florida". How does that happen?$?
    Yea, I stopped watching that clown along time ago. Who did he have with him on the show?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighutch View Post
    Yea, I stopped watching that clown along time ago. Who did he have with him on the show?
    Same here--been a long time since I watched him and I guess it will be a lot longer

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonBrad View Post
    Yes they do, I wish other counties would follow suit. I live 30 minutes fromthe Hernando Lakes. I need to start fishing them more and learn that chain.
    I am learning them slowly maybe we can team up.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PASCOFISHBOY View Post
    I am learning them slowly maybe we can team up.
    Anytime. I'm usually good to go on the weekends, unless I have some family stuff. Hernando has been feast or famine for me. Usually famine...lol.. although I have caught a couple giants flipping out there.
    Brad Krone

7. Member
    Originally Posted by Bighutch

Pretty sure he was alone. Looking at his site i think it is season 9 episode 4. I couldn't believe my eyes when they cut to 30 second spray propaganda video that was obviously pre-made and professionally done. Complete with all the typical buzz words like non-native, evasive, choking, navigable, safe, and even featured smiling kids and happy boaters. I have watched enough fake news in the previous 8 years realize there are not many coincidences in life and this wasn't one of them. (((THEY))) put some thought into this.
    Last edited by soulfisher; 08-17-2018 at 07:53 AM. Reason: wrong quote

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Wow, after looking at Lake Hernando I cant believe I was born in Lutz and have never fished there! That whole area looks very different from a lot of Florida lakes. It’s an hour and 10 min from me and I think I have a new place to learn.

Much closer than most Winter Haven area lakes I fish and it looks like those lakes should hold as many monsters as any other Florida fishery. Thanks phupduck!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flranger View Post
    I wonder if they could institute "filter zones". Something like leave Lake Cypress and everything south of Brahma alone, no spraying, let nature and exotics run their course. No spraying for five years, no matter what. Keep the center and north end of Kissimmee, Hatch, and Toho under regular maintenance. And since all the water exits the south end of Kissimmee, see what happens if we let a major hydrilla field grow down there and take over the south end completely creating a huge filter zone.

I can tell you what I think would happen.....the water hitting the kissimmee river would be significantly clearer and cleaner. Exotics would take over the south end of Kissimmee completely. And fisherman would be bitching about not being able to fish anywhere on the south end because its a cow pasture.

I remember fishing early/mid 90s on the chain. I remember cypress and hatchinea at 90% plus hydrilla matted coverage, almost unfishable, and hydrilla gnats like you wouldn't believe. It was miserable.
    That's when its good! When every cast you have to hold your breath and shake the gnats off! That's good frog and flippin territory. In the 90's the hydrilla mats were so vast that when you got done fishing you had to wipe off a few coots from the side of your boat because every time you crossed the lake you took a few out. They would get in those mats by the thousands.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 08-18-2018 at 02:34 PM.

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That sounds like Panasofkee! The first time a coot hit me while I was speeding across the lake I was like what the hell is that? That would be early 90’s as well.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Wow, after looking at Lake Hernando I cant believe I was born in Lutz and have never fished there! That whole area looks very different from a lot of Florida lakes. It’s an hour and 10 min from me and I think I have a new place to learn.

Much closer than most Winter Haven area lakes I fish and it looks like those lakes should hold as many monsters as any other Florida fishery. Thanks phupduck!
    I grew up on Geraci Road. I Volunteered at Lutz Fire Dept.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

How is Hernando to run. Any water hazards to worry about
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfarm View Post
    How is Hernando to run. Any water hazards to worry about
    It can be scary I have had no issues I stay in the boat lanes

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I passed Geraci every day on my way to Land O Lakes High school...lived off of county line road..I lived in Hillsborough but went to Pasco county schools since middle school, graduated in 94. This place was a lot smaller back then. I live in Wesley Chapel...which was orange groves when I was a kid.

Geraci owned a LOT of property back when I was a kid...got chased a few times trying to fish in the little ponds.

15. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfarm View Post
    So you can’t go past the bridge into little lake harris???
    No worries.. Just got the email notification the other day! Little Lake is next on the hit list for FWC to nuke!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    No worries.. Just got the email notification the other day! Little Lake is next on the hit list for FWC to nuke!
    I knew open water hydrilla and cleaner water on Little Lake Harris wouldn't last. I'm actually surprised it lasted the entire summer.
    Brad Krone

17. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    When I was fishing LLH in the beginning of July it was obvious that the south end of the lake had already been sprayed. A lot of the hydrilla was DARK and would break off when I grabbed it. 2’ below the surface it was still pretty alive but the gars were everywhere in it and the healthy hydrilla was the pockets that hadn’t reached the surface yet.

Im not saying they won’t spray more, I’m sure they have, but it was sprayed before I got there July 1st.

18. Member
    I thought this thread post was about Spraying the Kissimmee chain?

19. Member
    2 aa boats at south port as im leaving right now
    1998 Triton Tr-19 2010 Mercury OptiMax 175

20. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Let us know how the fishing goes! Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast