Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    I work because millions on welfare depend on me. Plus, I'd get tired of fishing, hunting and playing golf after a while.
    If I could find a way to live comfortably without working while I ride on your guys back I'd do it.

Work is vastly overrated.

My Father in Law is pretty much the same way he has pissed off his 3 kids by distancing himself from them all. He is greedy self centered and has said its his money he can spend it how he wants . He has managed to blow almost a million in 2 years .

I work because my customers won't let me retire. . My contractor customers swear they'll hunt me down. My industrial customers would freak if I retire. Makes me feel wanted, so I'm happy working.
    I got nothin

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grayline View Post
    My Father in Law is pretty much the same way. He has three pissed off kids. He has managed to anger them by spending almost a million dollars, of his hard earned money in 2 years. Greatly reducing possibly inheritance.
    FIFY ...

5. huskyjerk
    I work because "The Man" won't let me win the lottery

6. Member
    Retired 10 years ago at 51 years old. Work every day it seems. Guess I just enjoy it. But,most of the time I am working on something I want to. When teaching I had some things to do I had a distaste for.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn View Post
    I work because my customers won't let me retire. . My contractor customers swear they'll hunt me down. My industrial customers would freak if I retire. Makes me feel wanted, so I'm happy working.
    Raise your prices, everyone has a tipping point.

8. Member
    Don’t work any more. Twice retired with pensions from both. Paid my dues!

9. Member
    Just my wife and myself our kids told us that we worked to hard to just give it away.

10. Member
    im a single guy.

I work to pay the bills and fish...No kids, i dont know if I would ever get married, i definitely dont think I am ever having kids so i guess my nieces and nephews will cash in on whatevers left from me some day. I have a retirement savings fund, i own a truck (my work pays for it) a skeeter bass boat from 1998 and a house...otherwise i live paycheque to paycheque. Which is fine by me, my life is set up perfectly for me.

I guess at some point I will inherit money from my grandparents and parents? But i dont rely on it. My brothers and myself are all doing fine just on our own. I guess if I ever get any inheritance I would probably just use it to pay off the rest of my mortgage? Maybe some day it would buy me a newer boat?

serious question, how in the hell do you blow a million without any capital gain? Thats kinda mindblowing to me? What the hell is he spending it on? I mean ya if i blew a million dollars Id probably buy some sweet vehicles and a dope bass boat...but those things although depreciating in value arent worthless?
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

11. Member
    I believe that Work is good for me. I’ve always worked. Plus I like to take care of my family. Plus being able to buy food is a good thing.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

I am fortunate enough to be able to work at what I'm called and gifted to do, so I never have to "work" a day in my life.

See ya

13. Member
    I work so i can do the thing i want to do, and for retiement so one day i may not have to work. It helps i like my job but not enough to keep doing it if i didnt have too.

To provide for my family. I mostly enjoy being self employed but it ain't all it's cracked up to be after 31 years.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

15. Member
    I work to live. 70 years old and still put in 50 to 60 hours a week.

Seen too many people retire in their early 60's and go down hill fast and die shortly after. I enjoy my work and plan on doing it for as long as I can or until they decide to get rid of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    I work to live. 70 years old and still put in 50 to 60 hours a week.

Seen too many people retire in their early 60's and go down hill fast and die shortly after. I enjoy my work and plan on doing it for as long as I can or until they decide to get rid of me.

Working makes a person appreciate the things they have more than if they were just given to them. I have the utmost respect for a person that has worked all their life and are able to retire which is also my goal. Just my observation, the people who do not work for what they have appreciate nothing and expect everything. I want to be able to be there financial for my kids if they NEED it but not if they want it. Also I would like to leave them a little something at the end but my wife and I are not going to do without just to leave them something.
    "No one is useless in the world who lightens the burden of another" Charles Dickens

"Just because I do not agree with you does not mean I hate you or that I do not respect your opinion. We need to relearn that in our society."

2004 Ranger 521DVX
    2004 Yamaha Vmax HPDI 250

18. Member
    What is this work thing you speak of? Did my time and retired at 55 and a half. Save early and get out early, enjoy yourself. Nobody will leave me anything, but my daughter will enjoy what I didn’t get to.

19. Banned
    To pay the bills for all the liberal social programs like EBT, welfare and govbment housing.

20. Member
    Up until I retired eating was pretty high on my list of priorities!

no job= no money= no food!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast