Anybody fish the ABA at gaston this past weekend?

I was at Gaston this past weekend and found out that ABA held there tourney. I watched weigh in and one guy had 16.?? and big fish at 6.?? Then a couple guys had 14.?? and after that it was 12lbs and under. I was just wondering did anybody fish it. Curious as to how you did. It sounded tough. The main reason is I had quite of few people PM me about my frog fishing, and I gave them some info and I think some of the guys were fishing it. I went out and had about 10-11lbs but left the water at 10:30. All of mine come off a frog. My brother caught 1 on a buzz bait.

I kind of would like to know where and what some others fished. I thought the bite was ok (not great not bad). I am just still trying to learn the lake a little.

Thanks
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

2. Joe4d
    Is that individual 5 fish weights ?

3. Member
    Not sure of your question. The weight posted were of the boaters 5 fish limits. But I don't think but 15-20 boaters had limits. I hope I answered your question.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

4. Member
    I did not fish tournament but did fish Gaston Saturday. Put in about 11:30 and got off water around 2:30pm. Saw guys going in to weight when i was taking boat out. Biggest was just shy of 4lbs ( my biggest fish this year ). Only caught 4, all but one were 1-2lbs. 3 off same spot.
    Semper Fi

5. Joe4d
    Yes thanks, Sorry for the unclear grammar.
    I see alot of weights results and always wonder what the format or limit number is. Does ABA still pair boater non boater or is it just boaters ?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    Yes thanks, Sorry for the unclear grammar.
    I see alot of weights results and always wonder what the format or limit number is. Does ABA still pair boater non boater or is it just boaters ?
    I know they have boaters and CO's. But I am not sure how they pair them.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

7. Member
    http://www.abaopenseries.com/Story.php?Newsid=2910

Format is all boaters fish their own boat, depend. Co anglers get paired with boaters. If not enough co anglers are there then remaining boaters fish alone. Boaters fish against other boater. Co-anglers fish against other co-anglers. Boaters 5 fish limit, Co Angler 3 fish limit. This is for the RAM Open series.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    I did not fish tournament but did fish Gaston Saturday. Put in about 11:30 and got off water around 2:30pm. Saw guys going in to weight when i was taking boat out. Biggest was just shy of 4lbs ( my biggest fish this year ). Only caught 4, all but one were 1-2lbs. 3 off same spot.
    4lbs is a great fish. My brother and I caught 6 from 6:30 to 10:30. The biggest was 3 lb 13 oz. And 1 was 3lb 3 oz. 2 others were between 2-3 pounds and the other 2 were the average 1.5 pounders. I was a little upset we did not catch more but considering was was weighed I guess we did pretty good. I am telling everyone the frog is the best bite right now. You are not going to catch 20 a day but you are going to get 5-10 good bites. My .02
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

9. Member
    I did not get a single top water bite Saturday
    Semper Fi

10. Member
    I did fish it. Had a 5 fish limit a little under 8 lbs. Cut off a really good one under a dock. Lol

. My coangler had a 3 fish limit for 7x lbs and actually won and had big fish. (Almost 4 ) He caught his on dropshot.

I couldn't buy a frog bite in practice, so didn't throw one in tour

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    4lbs is a great fish. My brother and I caught 6 from 6:30 to 10:30. The biggest was 3 lb 13 oz. And 1 was 3lb 3 oz. 2 others were between 2-3 pounds and the other 2 were the average 1.5 pounders. I was a little upset we did not catch more but considering was was weighed I guess we did pretty good. I am telling everyone the frog is the best bite right now. You are not going to catch 20 a day but you are going to get 5-10 good bites. My .02
    so with your 5 pushing 12 lbs , I would say you had an excellent day under the conditions .
    Good job.