Loose water pressure

Need some advice. On my df225 four stroke. It looses water pressure when trimming out it has new water pump and I’ll tried jack plate at different heights. I’m not talking about trimming much either before looses water pressure. Any help would b appreciated

2. Member
    I'd make sure the water pump is installed correctly first and ensure sure that your pickup vents on the lower unit aren't plugged either. Next, I'd hook it up to a hose and back flush the motor to make sure there's nothing trapped in your cooling lines.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    Thanks I did all that last night. Should be able to test in next few days.

4. Member
    Have you raised it with a jack plate? What kind of boat? Added anything to the back of the hull? How are you measuring water pressure? Where is the gauge pickup? Has it ever performed properly, is this a new installation? What is the water pressure when it is working correctly?

5. Member
    It is a 99 Cobra 201d. I’m running 15psi on Suzuki gauge that was on boat when I got it. It doesn’t matter where jackplate is it does same thing, when tou trim it and get around 5000rpms it looses water pressure and get temp alarm. If you trim just a little you can run long as you want no alarm. I idled for a hour and a half on Toledo the other day no alarm. I have long ways left to trim when it does it, in spring when water temp was cool I could trim all the way out

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pj2157 View Post
    It is a 99 Cobra 201d. I’m running 15psi on Suzuki gauge that was on boat when I got it. It doesn’t matter where jackplate is it does same thing, when tou trim it and get around 5000rpms it looses water pressure and get temp alarm. If you trim just a little you can run long as you want no alarm. I idled for a hour and a half on Toledo the other day no alarm. I have long ways left to trim when it does it, in spring when water temp was cool I could trim all the way out
    So you have ran it since checking the water pump and back flushing it?

7. Member
    Well remember if a water pump can get any air it won't pump water. I'm inclined to think it's associated with the lower unit since the degree of tilt influences it. Yeah, I ain't no genius of course the issue is there maybe something external is causing cavitation. It seems odd colder water doesn't set off the alarm. Did you change the water pump before you started having issues or because you were having issues? Did you do it yourself? Dropping the LU on mine, a DF 175 is a rather easy task. Just maybe there is a loose bolt or two on the water pump or the key is out of the slot.
    I think if it was mine I'd double check the water pump, especially the base plate gasket.

8. Member
    I checked this weekend all is back good. I pulled lower unit again checked water pump changed anodes and flushed motor even checked thermostats I don’t know which one fixed but anodes were dirty and one lower hole where anode went had what looked like mud so I am assuming that was problem. Thanks for ur help.

9. Member
    Awesome! Glad you got it fixed.