Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBassCtchr101 View Post
    What the heck am I missing?

Don Barone:
    Don Barone

46 mins ·
    For those of you out there who aren't industry insiders, or who haven't been dialing up the rumor mills, there is a huge white elephant in the room, the sport of professional bass fishing.
    Two things could happen soon, nothing at all in the 11 years I've been around the sport I've lost track of all the rumors of this or that, or, epic fundamental change could be coming to the game.
    Sides may be drawn, sides may not, lots of this and that back and forth could, COULD evolve, don't know.
    If it happens the only side I'm on is that of the FANS, is that of the HISTORY of the game. I'm with the serfs, not the kings.
    We'll see what happens, could be nothing, could be more.

Jeremy Langer It’s going to be interesting to see what comes. I think, to a great degree, the lines have already been drawn in the sand. I’m not sure either side can back down at this point. From what I know and understand it’s going to be a tough, tough deal for either side to walk away from without trying to “save face.” I’m interested in the outcome only because of the change it will likely have on the fishing industry at large. There will be a very large shift in thought process from an entire generation of anglers, and I don’t think it’s understood on the whole at this point.

Kings=owners of b.a.s.s / FLW
    Serfs=pro anglers
    Lines in the sand=union
    Or everyone will switch to the MLF platform. Which from my understanding is owned by the competitors i.e. fisherman.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistacuffs View Post
    Man, you’re better than me. You actually formulated a coherent response to a douchebag on the net. When confronted with similar a-holes in the past, I normally just dream of tracki)g them down and smashing their face in. Kudos to you for being the adult. Although, this is the same person who creams her pants over the googan squad. She’s probably upset they haven’t texted,called, instagrammed tweeted back since she had them autograph her titties at the expo. Bit of advice, you’re better off kicking yourself in the stones than arguing with a teenage girl in the net. I know, I have them at home.... you’ll never win!
    How did I miss the "teenage titties"?

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Wow 18 Pages and still growing everybody stay civil, no threats or name calling, no politics or J-Word Wars this is some funny azz reading

Quote Originally Posted by Rivers27 View Post
    Link?
    https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/ou...ome-the-latest

This was on Paul Krews Facebook page.

5. Member
    Looks like Randy Flowers page was taken down

6. Member
    What happened to randy flowers page????

7. Member
    I guess the sniper was serious.

It's ok fellas...someone will win the tournament.

9. Member
    Who cares. I like to fish. Don’t care much about the jersey boys.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coosaspot View Post
    Who would watch a tournament where every participant made a common salary? The drama, excitement, and unscripted emotions are what drive ratings. The money is limited, they can’t pay everyone a hefty salary and keep the payout structure the same. Guaranteed income would yield apathy and boredom. No drama, yelling, celebrating, 60mi commutes, or prepracticing. It would look just like any other tv fishing show. What’s good for the anglers is not always good for viewership.
    That's pretty much my first reaction to the suggested changes . They would lose the suspense factor which is what drives me to enjoy the sport. To me it's a raw format where you have winners and losers and none of that is predetermined. Your fortune or misfortune teeters on a good or bad decision . That's the real world in a nutshell. Small buisness failure is in the 90 percentile. Many try but few make it. If the fear of losing haunts you stay home.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 08-16-2018 at 05:03 AM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Wow 18 Pages and still growing everybody stay civil, no threats or name calling, no politics or J-Word Wars this is some funny azz reading
    All Barone wanted to do is get a BBC thread started that could catch the Taxidermy thread page count...............

12. Member
    Well that is 2 different article about big changes coming...... Someone just spill the beans already.
    Semper Fi

talk when you have something to say . other wise

2009 ELITE 210

Seeing that most go bankrupt, all winnings will be shared, sponsorship money shared. This way pro fishing can be sustainable for all involved.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    That's pretty much my first reaction to the suggested changes . They would lose the suspense factor which is what drives me to enjoy the sport. To me it's a raw format where you have winners and losers and none of that is predetermined. Your fortune or misfortune teeters on a good or bad decision . That's the real world in a nutshell. Small buisness failure is in the 90 percentile. Many try but few make it. If the fear of losing haunts you stay home.
    There are winners and losers in MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL, etc and all participants get paid. The suspense would still be there. I can tell you I fish the same whether it is a small pot tournament or a bigger purse and $ never enters my mind on the water. It is the competition part that personally drives me. Most of the time I would rather get a trophy than money if given the choice. The money will be spent and gone, but that trophy is something I can look back at when old and remember that day(hopefully).

16. Member
    everyone acts like BASS/FLW/MLF makes a fortune in sponsor dollars. They don't. They have high expenses with all that travel for multiples boats, weigh stages, personnel.

the profit margins are very small for these leagues. Even if JM or some other person comes in to MLF with a boat full of cash to help "pay" the anglers.....................what happens to a league like that when Papa Moneybags disappears? The Pros that will leave BASS will be up a creek with no paddle

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hellathump View Post
    What happened to randy flowers page????
    not sure he blocked me, but if he's gone that's good!

Stroke1

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    not sure he blocked me, but if he's gone that's good!

Stroke1

Where is the GoFundMe™ page to contribute so he can take this crap with him?

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    How did I miss the "teenage titties"?
    They were in the bathroom stall. Shake the door and fistacuffs will end your life.

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast