Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lunker56 View Post
    My travel trailer is a pull behind. I think I have settled for sure on a 2500. And leaning toward fixing the one I have
    Since you don’t drive it daily, I think that is the best idea. You know the truck and sounds like you like it. Only reason I got a new truck was to give my son my 2008 and I have to admit I miss the old girl.

FWIW, I would not be concerned with pulling 8K with a properly equipped half ton if it was just a few times a hear. More often or long trips, I’d want a 3/4. Problem would be find a used one. I’d want the max trailering package for 8k and they can be hard to find on the used market. At least, when I searched I had a hard time finding used vehicles that said they had it. The 6.2L is a great engine, as is the entire LS line, but it wants premium fuel to live up to its potential. I’d love it in a hot rod, but I just don’t want it feed a truck premium.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by lunker56 View Post
    What are you seeing in gas mileage? 11-13?
    On average, in town is about 13-14. Pulling the boat is normally about 11-12. 6.0 engine
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

I have a 2013 Denali 1500 AWD. The 6.2L recommendation is to use premium fuel or E85. I ran regular for a while before I noticed I the premium recommendation, and it noticeably killed performance due to the ECM retarding the timing to compensate for the reduced octane. I am now running mid-grade, and it performs almost as well as premium - no noticeable difference even when pulling the boat. I haven't tried E85, but may do it, as it is a few cents cheaper than regular.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12