trim stops at full speed

with good conditions at full speed the trim stops at the limiter , does that mean i could use a prop with more pitch ? the motor is at 5800 and the gps speed is 54 mph ,prop is trophy 21 prop to pad 5",no jackplate, take off is good .

2. Member
    The trim has nothing to do with the prop, are you saying that the motor will not trim up any further while on plane? If so, this is the design of the trim system. We would need to know what boat and engine you are talking about to figure out if you have the right prop or not.

3. Member
    what imeant to ask is : if it reaches the trim limit does that mean there is more speed possible with changes ? a few knowlegable guys here said my set-up is really good

4. Banned
    Depends on your motor and what the max rpm's the manufacturer recommends turning the motor at. Ran my last Merc@5950 my current Evinrude would never handle those rpm's it's not designed to.

What we need to know is boat, motor, p2p, and rpm's

5. Member
    From OP's post history...
    "1997 stratos 219F 19',3 " 91 wide 175 hp intruder with 21-4blade trophy+ 3/4 load 54mph gps at 5800 and it gets to plane good,"

Not positive but think max RPM is 5500ish according to the Googles.

Does the boat appear to continue to pick up speed as you trim to Max? Any idea what water pressure is at full trim?
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

6. Member
    i read about 5500 too but some say 5800 ok , yes i am pretty shure it would continue to accelerate if it had more trim, water pressure is 30 psi ,always been like that .

7. Member
    The pressure is lower at idle, correct? The gauge appears to function? You should be able to go up 1 or 2 inches on prop to get RPM in range. Each inch increased should reduce RPM about 150. You can use the Mercury prop selector and see what it recommends

Edit: NVM on the Mercury site. Doesn't appear to allow 1997
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

8. Pat Goff
    Sorry but it’s just not as simple as just trim angle. It’s a piece but not the end all.

Your prop is 90% of your performance. Until that’s right nothing else will be right. 23 trophy is a nice prop but far from your true potential.

Worked 24 raker would be your choice.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

9. Member
    thanks guys , i understand that its a combination of all the variables that give results ,but i figured if it could use more trim it meant there is room to improve, and yes the pressure varies from 8-10 idle to 30-31 so should be no problem to get the motor higher ,no jp for now but i still have 1 hole left =3/4 inch and i will try that first .