Right side scan not working

I have a 7” helix gen 2 with side scan and down scan. The unit came new on a boat so it’s less than a year old. The right side scan has basically stopped working. Left is fine. Would this possibly be a transducer issue or something inside the main unit? Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue before I start the warranty process.

2. Member
    You say "basically". Is right side completely black? Or is the image weak? Bob

3. Member
    From what I can tell it’s completely black.

4. Member
    Try resetting it back to factory defaults.....My fishing partner had same problem this week and when reset it started working......

5. Member
    Make sure the transducer cable pins are straight and making good contact with unit. If you have another similar unit, swap locations to isolate whether unit or transducer.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Member
    Just happened to me and I discovered I had pinched my cable in the trolling motor and cut one of the wires (left side scan). In the process of trying to repair or buy new transducer:(
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

7. Member
    Thanks I will give these a try

8. Member
    my problem was the head unit. Humminbird tech support said it was the ducer but I had a spare ducer. I was able isolate it to the head unit.

9. Member
    Went out this weekend and restored the factory settings and this fixed the issue. Right scan now works. Thanks again.