Thread: 26 Tempest B&B?

26 Tempest B&B?

If I send out a 26 Tempest to Mark and ask just for a Balance & Blueprint will the prop come back as a 26 that turns more RPM's? Another words I want it to come back exactly 26 but no cup added no other specs changed but to spin more rpm's from being in balance and all 3 polished in spec 26 blades?

2. mikesxpress
    Get it to any reputable prop shop and have them bring it to a true 26 with no mods. Almost none of the new "out of the box" props have a true pitch on all blades unless it's lab finished. If more folks would just get there prop trued up and run it they would be happy with the performance.
    Blueprinting is a misused term when talking about propellers.

3. Member
    Mark can and will make it do what you need it to for your application. If you want or need more RPMs Mark can do that and he will figure out what it needs and where. Most props are not the same pitch across all the blades out of the box. On a B&B, Mark will evaluate all that and adjust cup and pitch as needed to get all the blades in spec with each other. You will not be disappointed, he is very talented and fast.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    Mark can and will make it do what you need it to for your application. If you want or need more RPMs Mark can do that and he will figure out what it needs and where. Most props are not the same pitch across all the blades out of the box. On a B&B, Mark will evaluate all that and adjust cup and pitch as needed to get all the blades in spec with each other. You will not be disappointed, he is very talented and fast.
    Can mark get me more rpm's with out reducing pitch or cup? I guess what I'm saying is I know I need exactly 26 pitch and no more then stock cup, but by doing minor things like balancing, polishing and thinning the leading edges will I get 100 + or - RPM's??

5. Member
    I'm sure you gain a little by sharpening the leading edges of the blades but I truly doubt it's very much. You are going to gain RPMs by one of a couple different things: reduce pitch, reduce cup, or raising motor on jackplate and thus reducing drag. In most cases you will be able to run a B&B prop higher without losing bite and will gain just a little in RPMs. To say how much really depends on where you are at now and how good or bad the prop is currently out of spec. I wouldn't over think it too much. Just tell Mark on the worksheet when you send it off that you want the cup and pitch the same and he will do it but I wouldn't guarantee you are going to GAIN any RPMs unless you change pitch a little. I highly doubt Mark will want to reduce cup (although I'm not speaking for him) unless you are running a very special application on a ultralight hull. Cup is where you get a lot of the bite from. Cup in the tip tends to give bow lift and cup in the trailing edge tends to give stern lift. Not offense intended but 100 RPMs is minuscule in the grand scheme of things. I would just send it off to Mark, give him all the specs and tell him what you want to accomplish and if you are not happy when it comes back I would be shocked. If that was to happen though, Mark will work with you to make it right.

6. Member
    had to edit for wrong post lol
    Last edited by GEEBASS2000; 08-20-2018 at 03:41 PM.