Disabling Sonar on Networked Plus Units

Ok, question for you guys that are way smarter than I. I have 3 93sv Plus units all networked together. My 2 console graphs share one transducer from the transom. My bow graph has its own transducer and Livescope.

So, when I stop to fish, I would like to disable sonar on the 2 console units, but still have sonar on the bow. For some reason, when I disable the sonar at the console, it disables the sonar on all 3 units. If I enable it back at the bow, it then enables on all 3 units.

I have the “preferred sources” setting set on each unit to the transducer they should use, they’re not in auto. Not sure if there’s another setting I’m missing that will fix this, or if that’s just how it’s going to be....hope not.

Thanks.

2. Member
    That is how it is designed to work. Disable Sonar means just that - ALL sonar. You can control the transducers individually but it's not convenient. That's why, depending on how I'm fishing, that I will "un-network" a unit. So on it I can press Disable Sonar and it just be on that unit. To control the transmitting individually, go to the unit displaying the sonar you want to disable; Press Menu and look for "Transmit" On/Off. If you are displaying a combo panel you may have to choose Traditional, SideVu, etc. first. For the combo transducers, turning either, Sidevu, 2d, or ClearVu off, turns them all off. It applies to the whole transducer.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    With using lowrance right now i'd say disabling sonar individually is about the same between Low and Garmin....that comparing it on the Echo Plus unit i have....both you have to go thru the menu to get to it.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    That is how it is designed to work. Disable Sonar means just that - ALL sonar. You can control the transducers individually but it's not convenient. That's why, depending on how I'm fishing, that I will "un-network" a unit. So on it I can press Disable Sonar and it just be on that unit. To control the transmitting individually, go to the unit displaying the sonar you want to disable; Press Menu and look for "Transmit" On/Off. If you are displaying a combo panel you may have to choose Traditional, SideVu, etc. first. For the combo transducers, turning either, Sidevu, 2d, or ClearVu off, turns them all off. It applies to the whole transducer.
    Interesting. I tried doing it that way also, instead of doing it by pushing the power button, and I got the same results. Turning off “sonar transmit” still did it on all 3 units. I’ll try that again next time I’m out. Rather not have the extra pinging in the water when not needed.