1997 175 efi trim sender installation??e way I can not read serial number

Ok so I ordered a sender.8m0098273 got it today the old ground wire grounded to sender the new one goes into the engine with the brown and white wire I think. How to I get the grommet out of the engine to get new wires threw it into engine?
    thanks in advance for help
    by the way can not read serial number on engine

2005 champion 196 oh what a ride

2. Member
    remove stbd cowl pan pop out with long screw driver, or I have seen some ran through front at cable or wire access boots
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and provide the Required Info with your post. Thanks!
    Joe's recommendation above should help you remove the grommet (which comes out from the top-side).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I stated I can not read serial # the tag is faded is there another way to get it???
    the # on title is og508260 does that help any?
    Last edited by HASLAG; 08-14-2018 at 08:13 PM. Reason: More info
    2005 champion 196 oh what a ride

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    0G508260 would be your serial number (so you can provide when posting). Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor