Thread: Kill Switch

Kill Switch

How do these work. Do they kill the motor by grounding it out? Got an 05 Mercury Drag that all of sudden won’t crank. Turns over fine, has fuel pressure. Spark plugs are firing (checked all 6) compression is good. But don’t believe the Injectors are firing. Seems like it’s in the kill switch. Thought maybe if I knew could narrow it done. Would ask in motor section but don’t have serial number. It’s my brothers boat.
    Allison XB 2002, 2.5 280

2. Member
    It got fuel on the fuel rail & return line. Put new plugs in. And there not even wet. Reason to believe it’s the injectors not firing. Thus maybe thinking it was kill switch. If not, all that’s left is ecu that I know of.
    Allison XB 2002, 2.5 280

3. Member
    I dont know what the problem is but its not the kill switch. The kill switch kills the fire to the spark plugs in the same manor as turning the iginition key switch off.

4. Member
    Yea I was thinking if the fuel pump is running the ecu is the only thing that controls the injectors I think. I dont even think there is a relay or fuse for the injectors.

5. Moderator
    There are three wires that tie in to one of the switch box'a to tell the ECU when to fire the injectors, make sure they are connected.
    If they are and you have fire to all cylinders, either the ecu is bad or the injectors are stuck/not working.

6. Member
    Thanks for the help. Will get it figured out. This is the first time he’s ever had any problem out of it. Been a very good motor
    Allison XB 2002, 2.5 280