Livewell Aerator

I want to pose a question for this large group.

My Legend only has one recirc/aerator pump and nozzle, It is a 1000 GPH pump. It also has a 1000 gph pump for the fresh water side, but I am not concerned about that side right now. I am only concerned about the recirc side.

It was brought to my attention today, that a 1000 gph pump is to big for the aerator and will hurt fish and not help. Can the aerator pump be to large?

I have no clue on this matter. My Neighbor's 14 ranger has dual 750 aerator pumps and dual nozzles. Would this setup be better?

Should I bump down to 750 gph pumps, or just run 2 1000 gph pumps and let it fly...

BTW. I should note. I am adding another livewell aereator to mine, If this is not a good idea, let me know.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

Are you losing fish? In what way did that person say that a 1000gph pump would "hurt" the fish? Has it occurred to you that Legend might have put some thought/research into their livewell design?
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

3. Member
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. But this guy was very adamant about it. I'm still fairly new to the game and am still learning things. So when someone says something like this, I need more input. I honestly cant remember what the reason was.

I already bought a new recirc pump. Cleaned the system and will be fishing a tourney this weekend. If I lose another, I'll most likely be adding another aerator to the other side.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp