Old blazer walking

Hey guys need some advice my 1991 vlx200 is chine walking horribly at 60 mph it makes me mad because at60 my rpm is no where close to redline I want to see the top end on this thing. So any advice would be appreciated

Learn to drive the boat. That's not being a smartass, it's just being real. Engine height can contribute to chine walking, making it slightly better or worse, but a performance hull IS going to chine walk when you get it wide open and trimmed out properly. ALL performance hulls do it. It has to do with the engine torque and prop rotation constantly wanting to make the boat fall off the pad to the right. Slight tweaks to the left BEFORE it happens is the key. It takes seat time. There are tons of articles and videos about it.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Set up and seat time are the only ways tame the beast.

Set up - prop shaft height, setback, boat weight balance - both side to side and front to back, prop type and condition, hull and transom condition.

Seat time - Basically you have to learn to drive the boat with your ass and not your eyes. When you start have to make corrections to the left with the steering wheel its to late.

4. Member
    All you need is seat time... I have a bullet and it took me 5 months to get it down but now I can run 80 straight as an arrow. It’s about twitching the steering wheel back and forth before you actually feel the boat trying to walk. After awhile it’s instinct and you’ll have no problems

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Set up and seat time are the only ways tame the beast.

Set up - prop shaft height, setback, boat weight balance - both side to side and front to back, prop type and condition, hull and transom condition.

Seat time - Basically you have to learn to drive the boat with your ass and not your eyes. When you start have to make corrections to the left with the steering wheel its to late.
    Now I get it, my ass has been chewed till it's numb, that's why I can't drive a boat.