Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsquatch View Post
    Wonder what a 23" Fury 3 blade would do for this rig? Assume no pvs plugs at all and maybe lowering down slightly?
    Bob do us all a favor and set the trim at a neutral position and take a picture at prop shaft level from each side of the lower unit that shows the trailing edge of the running pads and also a shot of the pad and strakes at the back of the boat. Based on your post I think you have serious prop or setup issue. A 25 tempest in good condition with only one plug in it at 3.5 in should put that boat on the pad in less than 5 seconds with a light load probably about 3 seconds if the motor is up to snuff
    I will be at New Hogan this Saturday if you want to meet there 916 813 0321
    Thank You Leon Pugh

2. Member
    Ipugh - PM sent.................THANKS!

3. Member
    My comment is to be a bit more scientific.

1. Start with prop. Find a pitch that puts you in right RPM range.

2. Once that is done, start with the motor maybe 4" below the pad and work your way up, ¼" at a time, until speed DROPS. You are now too high. Go back to the best speed setting.

3. re-evaluate prop pitch. Motor still within power band? If not adjust pitch. If you change the prop, go back to step 2.

4. Once you are happy with speed and handling, start with the PVS plugs. If you slam the throttle wide open, what happens? Blows out to 5,000RPM or more? insert smaller PVS plugs. Bogs down and won't reach 3,000RPM? go to larger PVS holes. Most running 3 blade fury props run with all PVS holes open (no plugs at all). PVS holes will not affect chine walking or top speed, only effect will be on hole shot as the correct setting allows the engine to rev into the power band..

Don't change two things at once. You are now just making random sampling noise that will lead you down multiple rabbit holes that are not related to overall performance.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

4. Member
    Hopefully last post on this subject as appears problem over! With the tremendous help of a member on the BCB forum I was able to get and put a 23" Fury prop on. Yesterday able to get out for a little to test. Best run was as follows: hole shot good not blazing fast but very good compared to what had been, maybe 3-4 seconds - prop at 3 1/2" ptp and got to speed on gps 67mph going up at 5700 rpm's but trim only at 3 on the digital that go's to 10. Rooster tail about half way between water and top of cowling. Had to shut down as was slowly moving trim up as checked speed, rpm's and came to 5 mph zone. Believe if trim moved up a little more might have got in the 69 - 70 mph and as it was there was zero chine walk which had not been the case with the 25" Tempest+. I'm happy with the performance now. Was able during fishing day to make fairly sharp turn at speed, 40mph, without blowing out. Might possibly move prop down 1/8" just to see if any difference or possibly put 1 large pvs plug in but don't believe the pvs plug would help, not sure about moving prop down. It was still 96 degree temps outside, going to start cooling down by Friday. Really don't want to do anything I can't reverse as don't want anything going wrong - lost too much fishing time trying to get this rig running right. Thanks for all the suggestions and especially "Bryan" for the prop!!!!

Yes, that was the right course of action and we hope the propeller continues to shine for you.

6. Member
    Nice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12