2010 Stratos 176XT

I'm looking at a 176XT locally that is for sale. This thing looks almost immaculate in my mind for an 8 yr old boat. The guy (2nd owner) is asking $10,500 OBO. Here are the specs.

50hp Mercury 2-stroke, skeg even has 100% paint still on it
    Stainless prop with no marks on it
    MotorGuide Tour 24v, 75lb troller
    1 yr old deep cell trolling batts
    3 bank charger.
    Crappy Fish finder on console
    Hull hasn't a scratch or chip on it.
    Carpet good with no stains and very little wear.
    Seats all look brand new.
    Trailer still looks new and i didn't see any rust on it. Tires also look new still even though i'd probably replace due to age.
    Was always kept in a heated/cooled garage when not in use.

Any idea if this is fair? I know it is a low HP, but my research says it'll do about 35, which is plenty fast for me and a first boat.

2. Member
    I have a 2008 with a 75hp optimal qnd I get 39 on the gps as for price do your research and see what fair

Sounds fair, go get it and you can always upgrade the motor at a later date if you wanted too.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Banned
    Get the seller to take you for a ride to see how well it gets on plane. Going from a 75hp max to a 50hp is a big drop.
    That said, the 176 (and 186, for that matter) have a hull designed to get on plane even though under-powered.

5. Banned
    Have a friend who has a 2007 had a yammy 60 fourstroke ran 29 mph.
    that said he just traded 60 off bought brand new Merc 75 fourstroke stainless 17 pitch
    what a difference. Had it at 4200 rpm 36 mph has not run wide open yet.
    jumps out of hole can’t wait to go with him today see how it performs.
    the 176 XX is a great fishing boat sets level and fishes great.
    That is a good price