Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Sup boyz? Been LOVING the RT188

after 18 months of ownership...... I LOVE this thing! It is greatness. Had a question though..... What are you guys using to get scum off? Have a scum line I need to get off. Please help.

2. Banned
    Gotta wipe that sucker down at boat ramp as soon as you take it out of water, EVERY outing!

3. Member
    I wipe mine down with Lucas Slick Mist at the ramp every time I take it out. Keeps it looking like new.

slick mist on mine....
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

5. Member
    I use that Eagle One wax as u dry that I bought a case of on here a while back. Gotta spend the 10min at the ramp every time to keep it looking like new.
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

Ok you already have a scum line. Scrubbing bubbles toilet bowl cleaner, yeah it works great and no water spot.
    After that Slick Mist

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

You have another option that I found by just trying it. I took my boat to a car wash and I sprayed tire cleaner on my wheels and accidentally sprayed some of the tire cleaner up on the side of my boat. When I sprayed the soap up to wash the boat I was amazed that the scum line disappeared. Totally clean! I immediately turned of the soap spray and turned the tire cleaner back on and sprayed the scum line from front to back and let it set for about 3 minutes then once again started washing the boat with the soap spray then rinsed it and was amazed at how well it cleaned off the scum line and it sure beat all of the elbow grease I've used in the past when cleaning my boat.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

8. Member
    For those who are using the slick mist, do you use something else first like wax or polish once or twice a year and then just follow up with the slick mist every outing, or do you just use slick mist exclusively?

9. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I will wax my boat but certainly not often. I use the slick mist or whatever instant detailer I have around. Keeps the boat looking good and stops a lot of gunk from sticking to the boat during the day.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

10. Member
    Boat bling Hot Sauce is the best thing I’ve ever used!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeintheshade View Post
    Boat bling Hot Sauce is the best thing I’ve ever used!
    I wipe mine down at the Marina every time and use this as well.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

12. Member
    Simple Green.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

Just the slick mist

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbsmallie View Post
    I use that Eagle One wax as u dry that I bought a case of on here a while back. Gotta spend the 10min at the ramp every time to keep it looking like new.
    +1, I got in on that mislabeled deal and bought a couple cases. I’ve been using it since I ran out of BBS. Since my boat is normally garaged and I wipe it down after most trips out it stays fairly clean.

I’ve not washed nor wiped down the bare aluminum bottom of this boat. If you look under there you’ll see a scum line. Toilet bowl cleaner will likely clean that off. The painted surfaces may take some elbow grease if you’ve let it stain? I’d let it sit out in the rain one day. I swear Mother Nature will help you as much as most chemicals I’ve tried. Just go out and wash it on a drizzly summer day.

15. Member
    I'd been using Bass Boat Saver until I tried Top Coat F11. It is the Bomb.com! I used it on my Edge and RAM 3 months ago and they still shine brightly. It fills the pores of the clear coat and no scum sticks to the boat.
    Last edited by GeauxTide; 08-14-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

16. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That Top Coat F11 looks like something I’d like to try. Where do you buy it? They appear to be very...proud of their product at that price!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

17. Member
    Bought it from their site. I tried the 2 bottle set (60) and was blown away. I bought the gallon. Yes, it's 199, but worth every penny. I found it goes a lot farther with a clean, dry surface.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

18. Member
    I have a couple buddies with Maserati's. They bought that F11 for em. I asked about it for my black Ridgeline. They told me it comes off pretty easy in the automatic car wash. They know I use one pretty regular. I told them they shouldn't be driving a damn Maserati through a car wash to get off the wallet and get them ceramic coated LOL. I think F11 would last good on a boat. If I were going to spend more than quick detail prices I would look at ProTec first. I KNOW what their products do for glass boats. I have no reason to believe they would equally protect the painted surfaces of aluminum boats. If you simply want a pop shine I recommend Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax.

Quick Detail products have always served me well if used regular. I garage my boats. I normally keep them 2-7 years.

19. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Ok you already have a scum line. Scrubbing bubbles toilet bowl cleaner, yeah it works great and no water spot.
    After that Slick Mist
    X2
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Simple Green.
    Simple green is an amazing product and i use it almost daily in the shop BUT be very careful about the strength of it on painted surfaces and if you do use it gotta be in the shade on a cool surface. It will eat at some paints and finishes and dull them.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast