Any car detailers on here?

I just bought a new Ford F150 STX and wanting to seal or treat the paint before I drive it much , is the sealers the way to go, spray or polish type rub on and buff off, what is a good brand as I'm lost and old school on this.

Get it Ceramic Coated.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Get it Ceramic Coated.
    This. Just had my wife's car detailed and had ceramic coating done. It's like glass. So smooth.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

4. Banned
    Agree have it detailed and ceramic coated by a shop. Bumper to bumper detail and ceramic base wax was under $300 second time I've had it done so good for another year.

5. Member
    I agree with Ckfishin. Ceramic coat is the way to go. Do it yourself and save a lot of money. Most likely you won't need to correct the paint by buffing/compound since it is a new vehicle and most likely doesn't have any fine scratches Just clay bar the truck. Clean it then with alcohol and denatured water spray 50/50 mix. Then apply the coating. Once the truck is prepped (clay bar and alcohol wash), the ceramic coating will take less than 1 hour to apply. I find the ceramic coating easier to apply then wax. I ceramic coat all my vehicles and my boat once a year.

6. Member
    Overall, the coating is the best way to go for a daily driver. But beware of that $300 quote, I would not expect that price point for a full size truck, particularly if you need paint correction before the coating is applied.

But keep in mind, if you enjoy detailing or applying wax to your vehicle, I would not recommend a ceramic coating. That’s literally a 1-2 year permanent level of protection over your clear coat and doesn’t play nice with being topped with traditional waxes. You also have to wash with soaps that do not have any waxes or glossifiers in them.

When the weather cools down, I am going to coat my Ranger and see how long it lasts on a boat.
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859