Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rxkid2001 View Post
    I’ve found dealers to be pretty unaccommodating as well. Probably because they’ve been puked on too many times quoting their overpriced boat.
    +1

2. Member
    PM sent.
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KenZ119 View Post
    Bought a new boat from Dixie Marine in January. Mike was very good about getting back to me with answers to my questions. They want to sell boats. Give them a call.
    + 1. Mike and Rudy will help you out. My last ranger was bought from Dixie and my next ranger will be bought from Dixie as well
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

4. Member
    Rudy at Dixie Marine will definitely provide great service after the sale. Very important to me. I've purchased four boats from them over the years. My next boat will come from them.

5. Member
    Sent PM -
    2016 Z520 - Mercury 250 ProXS - Bravo 1 XS

6. Member
    If you have to wait that long for a response when you want to spend money, how long will their response time be when you need service? Move on.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    I have three dealers within an hour drive. I contacted all 3 via email and asked for their lowest drive out price. Out of the three, two were over 2k higher. To get them to give you a quote, simply follow up with several emails. Then ask for the general manager so you can forward your “non-response” emails. They will give you a quote. Here’s the deal, the dealers get incentives and can choose to lower the MAP pricing or keep the profit. So all Ranger dealers do use MAP pricing, the question is what kind of discount do they give you? What is the dealer prep charge? Watch out for all those fees they add to the price...that’s why you always ask for the drive out...tax, dealer prep, doc preparation fees, etc... I just bought a 2019 Z185 this way...bought all my assessories...PowerPole, 2 HDS 12s, precision sonar plates, three 31 AGM batteries/w trays, Ultrex, transducer savers, etc...separate and installed myself...remember they make a ton on assessories. Also ask if they have deals on extending the motor warranty...my dealer explained they get a certain number of certificates that they pass on to their customers allowing the customer to extend the full warranty for an extra 2 or 3 years for just a few hundred bucks....remember it costs $100 per hour for repair work.

I agree to a point.. but you would be surprised how little is made on accessories..

Any assessories put on by the dealer add to the dealer prep cost. I had $700 in dealer prep and that was just for 3 batteries, gas and oil. I asked about adding a PowerPole, two hour job at $99 per hour plus tax...$214 to install. Start adding HDS 12’s on the bow and console, etc...and it adds up fast.

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    Any assessories put on by the dealer add to the dealer prep cost. I had $700 in dealer prep and that was just for 3 batteries, gas and oil. I asked about adding a PowerPole, two hour job at $99 per hour plus tax...$214 to install. Start adding HDS 12’s on the bow and console, etc...and it adds up fast.
    True. As a side note, I am typically in favor of dealer installations, if for no other reason than having some security in case one of those accessories develops or creates a problem. But on high-priced items like electronics, shallow water anchors, even AGM batteries, dealers often do not get the nation’s lowest prices from their normal sources. If you search for lowest prices and do the installs yourself, there is susbstantial money to be saved. Just don’t expect the dealer to fix it for free if one of those items doesn’t work correctly.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Yeah, I get most of my accessories off Tackleware House holiday sales or slightly used off this forum at substantial discounts over retail...even a new Ultrex is way below dealer retail prices. Most come with factory warranties...and the way Ranger’s are laid out I’ve never seen a boat easier to rig. The money saved over retail, the money saved on installation and the factory warranties on most high end items make it a no brainer for me.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    I'm not talking about labor... But the actual parts, not a lot of markup, a lot less than most folks think. From a dealers perspective it's kind of ridiculous. My. 02

12. Member
    Sent a PM, plus I contacted Eberlin's Boats and Motors on your behalf...... they'll try to contact you, but a tel # would help...

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OsageJoe View Post
    I'm not talking about labor... But the actual parts, not a lot of markup, a lot less than most folks think. From a dealers perspective it's kind of ridiculous. My. 02
    I was (and am) agreeing with you. Dealer markup on those high-dollar accessories is well below their break-even point when total costs in a brick and mortar establishment are factored in.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    I was (and am) agreeing with you. Dealer markup on those high-dollar accessories is well below their break-even point when total costs in a brick and mortar establishment are factored in.
    What you said about the service after the sale was spot on.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    True. As a side note, I am typically in favor of dealer installations, if for no other reason than having some security in case one of those accessories develops or creates a problem. But on high-priced items like electronics, shallow water anchors, even AGM batteries, dealers often do not get the nation’s lowest prices from their normal sources. If you search for lowest prices and do the installs yourself, there is susbstantial money to be saved. Just don’t expect the dealer to fix it for free if one of those items doesn’t work correctly.
    On the other hand if you install them yourself, you'll be intimately familiar wit the installation and much more prepared to trouble-shoot issues in the field when things go south (which they will whether a dealer installed them or not). If your luck's anything like mine, accessories never give you an issue until you're 200 miles from home on vacation or at a tournament site.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Good point as well. Once I do something myself it tends to stick in my mind

When I was in the market for a boat a Ranger dealer would not budge from his price or "throw" anything in. The A**hat even told me... well if you do buy it someone else will. The sales guy didn't even want to talk to me when he found out that was looking for a z119 or 519 and not a z520 or 21. I told him that my garage size limits me on the boat I can get. The dude acted like I was a 3rd class citizen when I asked about a 19 footer. I walked out and went next door to the Triton store who bent over backwards for me.

Mind you I also had an issue with a skeeter store. I was dealing on a new boat over the phone and told they guy I would take it. The transaction was very easy. When I tell him ill be down next week to pick up and finish signing every thing he said ill see ya then.

His manager called me the next day and said someone paid full retail and the boat was sold. I already gave them $1,000 (I think) via providing my CC # over the phone that was not returnable if i backed out to hold the boat. The manager said he had the same boat but in white and black and would make the same deal. I declined and he told me I was color blind.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

18. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    When I was in the market for a boat a Ranger dealer would not budge from his price or "throw" anything in. The A**hat even told me... well if you do buy it someone else will. The sales guy didn't even want to talk to me when he found out that was looking for a z119 or 519 and not a z520 or 21. I told him that my garage size limits me on the boat I can get. The dude acted like I was a 3rd class citizen when I asked about a 19 footer. I walked out and went next door to the Triton store who bent over backwards for me.

Mind you I also had an issue with a skeeter store. I was dealing on a new boat over the phone and told they guy I would take it. The transaction was very easy. When I tell him ill be down next week to pick up and finish signing every thing he said ill see ya then.

His manager called me the next day and said someone paid full retail and the boat was sold. I already gave them $1,000 (I think) via providing my CC # over the phone that was not returnable if i backed out to hold the boat. The manager said he had the same boat but in white and black and would make the same deal. I declined and he told me I was color blind.
    That's nuts!

Yes sir no exaggeration at all. It really put a bad taste in my mouth. The Triton dealer that I bought my Triton from is no long a Triton dealer so maybe that's why they were so Accommodating. Maybe they were trying to move inventory

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post

If you are talking about Premiere that surprises me that they were not really interested in selling you a 19 foot boat. I bought a Z118 from them and they were very accommodating. I did not have garage size issues, but I wanted a smaller boat I could move round. When I was talking to them I had my checkbook and told them there was no need to do a credit check. Maybe thats why they were willing to deal on the boat. They replaced several items under warranty that I had issue with as well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast