Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    An Icon sold on Westernbass last week for around $89k. The argument being you are getting a boat less than a year old with most warranties intact at a discount of about $15-$20k......

If someone is looking to buy a new boat around $75k, they may opt for a slightly used Icon with all the bells and whistles and stretch to $85k if that is the kind of boat they want.

Just put it on the market and see what happens.....

2. Member
    Looking to sell because of speed and hole shot.

I am running a Merc 250 with a Fury 24P three blade. My top speed loaded is 58-60MPH. I have tried all setting with my jack plate and trim. So Far my best speed is 64mph unloaded. Best loaded 60MPH

The hole shot is also a dog, I am going to try a Fury 4blade 24P. This should make it better.

I have not spoken to one Z521L owner that is happy with speed! I love the quality of the ICON boat. However the boat has no pad lift to get the speed up.

I am a sports car guy that loves HP, When I am the Co angler I drive my 650Hp Z06 to lake.

I don't need 68MPH all the time but watching boats pass during launch sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by boyeraz View Post
    Looking to sell because of speed and hole shot.

I am running a Merc 250 with a Fury 24P three blade. My top speed loaded is 58-60MPH. I have tried all setting with my jack plate and trim. So Far my best speed is 64mph unloaded. Best loaded 60MPH

The hole shot is also a dog, I am going to try a Fury 4blade 24P. This should make it better.

I have not spoken to one Z521L owner that is happy with speed! I love the quality of the ICON boat. However the boat has no pad lift to get the speed up.

I am a sports car guy that loves HP, When I am the Co angler I drive my 650Hp Z06 to lake.

I don't need 68MPH all the time but watching boats pass during launch sucks.
    My friend has a 521L with same motor as you and gets above 68 no problem. He's seen 70s.
    I have a 521L and also run above 68 no problem with a G2. (I ran over 70 last Thursday, lake water temp was 89) I have a very good hole shot.
    I believe you running 58-60 is an issue with your boat/motor, not the 521L platform.
    I would seek assistance. Wish I was smart enough to help.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

5. Member
    Could be an elevation issue, are you pretty high above sea level?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Could be an elevation issue, are you pretty high above sea level?
    At Lake Havasu in Arizona its 500ft

Spoken with My dealer and Ranger factory. Both are giving me the same info. Ranger is aware of the problem and plans to make changes with the haul.

I have also spoken with three pros and they all say the same thing 62 to 64 is their best. I am not sure what magic settings StormR has but I want it. If you watch the Elites Ranger Z521L are getting passed by.

I would keep the boat if I can get the speed up.

7. Member
    I wonder if the numbers would work to sell your motor and put on the new V8 Merc. That should get you close to 70 depending on the load you carry.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

8. Member
    I have seen just over 70 with some left ( driving one handed while getting video of it) on my 521L. I believe I have a 23 pitch instead of 24 (3 blade) on my pro xs. I only had 10 hours on it when I did the run. Now I only had a 1\2 tank of gas and I was by myself. High 60's with tourney load and partner are the norm at 5500-5600 rpm. I am still playing with jp setting so I can't really offer any advice there..Hope this helps

9. Member
    655 Stang which motor do you have?
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

10. Member
    I have the old technology �� 2 stroke pro xs....not sure I would have got the 4 stroke but that is the way it goes.

11. Member
    Hate when emjojis
    comes up as a question mark...

12. Member
    Been very happy with my 520L and G2 with 75 mph speeds by my self and 73 loaded with two guys. Better ride, a lot dryer ride and the ride in those five footers on Ky Lake is a lot better!!!!Most all the Z521L are in the upper sixties to low seventies running G2 that we have sold.

Magic settings. Haha. I've done exactly nothing but put my tournament gear in go since I got the boat in March. I wish I knew how to drive it. I do look good in it though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

I saw an Icon at Chick this year with the G2 on it with a F250. I like the color coordinated panels on it!

Quote Originally Posted by StormR View Post
    Magic settings. Haha. I've done exactly nothing but put my tournament gear in go since I got the boat in March. I wish I knew how to drive it. I do look good in it though.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Quote Originally Posted by StormR View Post
    Yes you do!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12