Cool The ride still amazes me 12 years later...

Took a long 4 day weekend trip to Norfork Lake last weekend and almost got caught and would have in a bada$$ thunder storm if it wasn't for my Allison... My family of 4, my darling little dog and my sister decided to go hang out on the beach which is 13 miles from the launch ramp and a storm rolled up about a 1/2 hour before we were ready to leave... I told everyone to get their stuff, we need to go! A couple miles into the ride back, the whitecaps started and it was on! I told everyone that it was going to be a rough ride, but I was pretty sure we could outrun it and my sister, who has been through this many times growing up agreed... I mashed the gas and held it there for probably 8 plus miles, but had to back off slightly when the lake opened up. I ran back to the marina where we had launched at and found an empty slip to hang out in while the storm passed and we got to stay dry... My sister was totally amazed on how well my "race boat" rode in the conditions. With 5 in the boat, my dog, 3/4 or better tank of fuel, all the stuff two grown a$$ women have to take to the beach and all of my fishing gear, I ran 77.8 once with my 29" Quad O/T... Not bad with a lil ole 250 Opti... I was trying to thing which other bassboat I could of chosen to be in-in that situation, but there aren't any with Allison seating capabilities... Pile 5 people and the sweetest dog on earth in a cookie cutter that will run 90 solo any day of the week and see how that works out....

NO, its not on the beach, its anchored out! LOL

2. Member
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

3. Member
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

4. Member
    Wish I knew what it felt like to pilot a beast like that! Great story.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

5. Member
    So.... Who won paper, rock, scissors?

Quote Originally Posted by droptine View Post
    So.... Who won paper, rock, scissors?
    He said that he did, but him Mom said that he cheated...

7. Member
    I dont ever beach mine either. I keep two anchors in the boat for when anchoring in the river.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

9. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    These boats are still ahead of their time. I love driving mine. It is so much fun and exhilarating.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak