Trx fuel tank venting issue?

Hi all I have a 2017 19 Trx 225 Pro XS. When I open the gas cap I get a big rush of air/gas fumes that vents out. Is that normal? The reason being is I’ve had issues where idling during warm weather the motor will run out of fuel and I’ll go back and pump the bulb, like a vapor lock situation. I’m pretty sure I have a venting issue, trying to fix it myself before it goes back to the dealer who is 3.5 hours away

2. Member
    I haven't had any issue with vapor lock but mine has the same rush of air when I open the cap
    2016 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    IMO, what you are seeing is normal. My 2013 does it as well. Has something to do with the EPA mandated vent-less fuel tank guidelines. Pump your primer bulb often, especially in hot weather. The Merc board mod recommends pumping before every restart due to possible poor fuel quality.

4. Member
    They are sealed systems now , mine does the same thing when I idle for an extended period , it will die and crank over real slow if I pump up the ball it fires right up.

5. Banned
    I hear it release pressure often, especially when it's low on fuel. I have had it die while idling around for an extended period of time, but only once or twice.

6. Member
    Pressure systems now....Goggle Fuel Demand Valve.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Pressure systems now....Goggle Fuel Demand Valve.
    Savage I googled it and read up on it, do you think I have a problem with it or like others have stated it’s just a byproduct of the new tank configuration?

8. Member
    To alleviate the tank from pressuring up when the boats sittin in the garage, I open the gas lid to just before it snaps shut and use tape to hold the lid down in that position.

I have read of some venting issues with TRX’s on here, some so bad they have expanded and pushed up the fray between the seats. Mine will also release some when opening the cap but it’s a low pressure and not a huge rush. The tank gas to vent or ur will simple not supply fuel and it does have a valve that stops over pressurising at I believe 10 psi.
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8