Picked up my first boat. Howd i do on price?

I bought my first boat. I've wanted a boat my whole life and was offered one at a price I feel like I couldn't turn down. I'm posting this to get some idea on how I did as a price since I'm not a boat person yet I really don’t know too much about prices.

I picked up a 1990 Cajun 174 Adventure with trailer equipped with a 2002 Mercury 115. The guy I bought this setup from is a friend and I trust his word. The clock on the bot says 116 hours but the motor has less than 30. I picked the boat, trailer and motor up for $2500.00. I had to replace the steering cable and helm for $200. And a few odds and ends, battery life jackets mooring bumpers, flares and such. I'm probably into the boat for a little less than 3k not to take into account all the transfer costs.

The motor looks band new and fires right up. All the marine plywood and carpet has been replaced within the past 10 years. He installed a built in battery charger/tender. It has a Minn Kota trolling motor and a custom fit heavy duty cover he had made for 800.00.

The boat has minor scratches on the side from where it scuffed a dock at some point but no scratches or gouges on the keel or motor fin or propeller.

It came with the amusing handle "The Sealut" I'm going to have to change that for my wife and children's sake...

So was this an average price, or did i do ok?
    Last edited by mmead1014; 08-13-2018 at 01:51 PM.

2. Banned
    Lately I've spent way more time looking at Cajun-boats-for-sale ads than I should. To me the deal you got seems basically in line with what I'v seen. So much depends on what shape the boat is in. There are some older Cajuns out there that were stored in-doors, well-maintained, and well-loved.

Congrats! Sounds like you got a great deal... especially if the motor is in tip top shape. Motor repairs can cost you a lot of additional dollars beyond the purchase price, so getting a good one is a bonus.
    If ethanol fuel was ran in it, you might want to plan on replacing all the fuel lines - and switch to non-oxy gas afterwards. Better for the life of the motor.
    Post pics of the rig if you get a chance!