Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fishing Line suggestions

ADMIN PLEASE DELETE
    Last edited by ayang; 03-16-2021 at 09:39 AM.

2. Member
    I've been using Seagar Invis (12#, 15#, 20#) for most of this year and been happy so far.

3. Member
    I've used Sunline FC Sniper for the last 2 years and have been very happy with it.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

I've tried quite a few different fluoros including all the ones mentioned, and I keep coming back to P-Line 100%.
    I didn't have many problems with the others, but I have the utmost confidence in the P-Line and thats what matters.

Sniper has been my pick lately. I used to eschew the virtues of dedicated "leader" lines as being better than regular fluoro for those applications. After trying Sniper, I've changed my mind. The 7 lb I use for drop shotting and other finesse stuff is insanely strong and so nice to fish with. I use it up to 25 lbs for my flipping setup. Just love that stuff.

FWIW, I've had good and bad experiences with Seaguar. I've had good batches, but it's the only company I've bought repeatedly from aside from a couple fly fishing tippet manufacturers and Sunline and it's also the only one where I've gotten bad spools. It's happened a bunch, relatively speaking - maybe 1/4 of the time. I've also never bought anything more expensive than their Invisx. I've heard the Tatsu is the bee's knees if you're really wanting to dive in head first.

Never tried the P-Line 100% after trying and absolutely HATING FluoroClear. Probably not fair to the company, though I've found what I'm going to stick with unless something changes with the quality.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

FWIW Drew, I hate Fluoroclear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eyra_kid View Post
    FWIW Drew, I hate Fluoroclear as well.
    I didn't figure it was representative of the stuff P-line was offering. I'm just way too happy with Sniper for it to make sense for me to try anything else at this point. If something changes with what Sunline is putting out there, I'll definitely be looking into the P-line 100%!

Speaking of bad spools of Seaguar....had to pick up a spool of 25 lb blue label leader last night in a pinch as I ran out of my Sniper for that purpose and I wasn't close to any place that sold it. First bite flipping milfoil, broke off a nice one on the hook set. Got to see it roll sideways and make a big leap trying to get rid of the hook, else I'd have chalked it up to a pike bite. A damn knot failure, on 25 lb test! Into the trash it went and $15 down the tubes. Add in the 3/4 oz tungsten weight, punch skirt, and $1.50 hook and I could've bought 200 yards of Sniper. I understood when the technology was new, but there's absolutely no excuse for that these days.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I didn't figure it was representative of the stuff P-line was offering. I'm just way too happy with Sniper for it to make sense for me to try anything else at this point. If something changes with what Sunline is putting out there, I'll definitely be looking into the P-line 100%!

Speaking of bad spools of Seaguar....had to pick up a spool of 25 lb blue label leader last night in a pinch as I ran out of my Sniper for that purpose and I wasn't close to any place that sold it. First bite flipping milfoil, broke off a nice one on the hook set. Got to see it roll sideways and make a big leap trying to get rid of the hook, else I'd have chalked it up to a pike bite. A damn knot failure, on 25 lb test! Into the trash it went and $15 down the tubes. Add in the 3/4 oz tungsten weight, punch skirt, and $1.50 hook and I could've bought 200 yards of Sniper. I understood when the technology was new, but there's absolutely no excuse for that these days.
    Agree Drew that 7 pound Sniper is amazing! On Seaguar... I’ve had three lures just keep going on the cast. Strange. Think that was the Senshi. It was like someone unspooled 15 yards of line, cut it and wound it back on. No sound no snap they just flew away

I was pretty happy with the Sunline Sniper and Seaguar InvisX and Red Label I tried. I didn't like Sunline Finesse as well. The feeling I had was the P-Line 100% had less stretch which appealed to me. Whether thats true or not, I don't know. I went back to it because of the confidence factor mainly.
    Drew, I did pick up some Sunline leader material to try on your recommendation.

10. Member
    I can't comment on the P Line fluorocarbon, as I've never tried it. As far as Sniper goes, I used it for a couple years, and liked it. Had I never tried Tatsu, I'd probably still be using it. As far as InvizX goes, I used it for all of about 2 months, and I'll just say this ... if I wanted to up my chances of beating a competitor in a tournament, I'd give them free spools of the stuff. The stuff is way too temperamental for my liking. Especially in the lighter tests. I am not a fan.

Tatsu truly is, as Drew put it, "the bee's knees". Hands down the best fluorocarbon line on the market.

11. Member
    Thanks for the insight guys, over the weekend I went and got some FC Sniper...Drop Shot with 8lbs all day and did phenomenal, was able to pull out a 4lber in weeds out. So far so good, after a day of use, I felt FC Sniper was smoother than PLINE. But I will need more water time to determine what my use will be. Thanks again.

12. Member
    Pline flourocarbon is good, I actually like it but not on a spinning rod I use the 12 and 15lb a lot. Invisix or Sniper for me when it comes to 6-8lb line, I haven't had any problems with how Invisix handles or breaking or anything. Tatsu is awesome but I can't justify the price over either Sniper or Invisix.

13. Member
    I tired flouro and never liked it, I've been using McCoy copolymer clear and it works fine for me on my bait casters, I use XL on my spinning reels.

For Fluorocarbon lines (I've only tried 4), Seaguar Red Label is good, but I like Sunline Sniper a little more. Tatsu is really nice, being the limpest of the four. For baitcasters, I'd say Sniper, but for spinning, I'd use Tatsu or nothing...and I'm going with nothing.

15. Member
    Tatsu best handling for sure.
    Shooter great for bottom contact,jigs,worms etc.
    sniper great all round line.
    Gamma...... bar none the strongest toughest flouro made PERIOD! Expensive though

I use Sniper on about everything and have had good luck with it.
    I like the InvizX also the red label is decent but a little stiffer I think than the others

17. Member
    I was a die hard fan of the Red Label, but a single outing with Sniper on a single reel changed everything. It's going to be expensive lol.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubz0r View Post
    I was a die hard fan of the Red Label, but a single outing with Sniper on a single reel changed everything. It's going to be expensive lol.
    Then you don't want to try Tatsu lol

19. Banned
    I use tatsu only, to me it pays for itself with less memory and re spooling. I tried invisx and abraz x, both of those are garbage compared to tatsu. With those I felt limited to 12 lb, now I use 15 and 20 with no issues.

20. Member
    Sunline sniper fc for me.

It's pricey but so good for an all around line.

8lb for spinning, 10lb for finesse baitcasting, 12lb for cranks/jigs/trig, 16lb for brush, lay downs, bank fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast