USA Z-19 PRO PKG WEIGHT

Looking for total towing weight of a 2018 Z-19 Pro Package with 200 pro XS and dual axle trailer....doesnt need to be exact number as I know gear and gas will add to it. BUt for this instance, no gear and some gas....as I am looking at one and I will be towing a good ways, thanks ahead of time!

2. Member
    What are you going to be towing with?

3. Member
    The site says average weight is 3249 lbs

4. Member
    jigman, that is what I was thinking, but wasn't sure, thanks!

5. Member
    A 2015 Tacoma 4x4 with 4.0 liter V6

6. Member
    Should be fine. All you can do is try it. Lol

7. Member
    I towed a z8 for 4 years in a jeep grand cherokee. My brother now pull that same boat with his v6 4x4 Tocoma with no problems. Dont expect it to be fast and just run the speed limit.

8. Member
    I have seen people pull bigger boats with less...where I live n fish its mainly flat so no big hills or moutains to deal with

9. Member
    I have a fully loaded Z20 with a Verado. My weight is about 4500 pounds. My wife pulls it with her Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk with no problems and we live in the Ozark hills north of Branson MO.

10. Joe4d
    you are maxing the weight out,, probably over loaded both the tongue and total. quick google says you are rated at 3500 lbs max, and 350 lbs max tongue. overloading tongue will make ur steering squirrelly, not enough percent of trailer weight on tongue will make the trailer squirrelly, the fact others have done it and didnt die doesnt mean its prudent to do so.
    I would think best thing is to stay within MFG's specifications,, Ideally well below mfg's specs. are you still on fence between the 19 and 18 foot boat ?

11. Member
    THe truck is rated to tow 6200lbs.....I talked to dealer and they said it is well within towing limits, the only concern is making sure i increase stopping distance. THe also, recommended a help spring or air bags, to smooth loas and level the ride if need be, thanks for your insight :)

12. Member
    You'll be fine towing with a Taco, I towed multiple different boats of similar weight with my 05 4runner before, that 4 liter v-6 is great. If you are concerned with stopping get a trailer brake installed in the truck and have surge breaks put on the trailer.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

13. Member
    I wouldn't buy any trailer without surge breaks...
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

14. Joe4d
    yep I stand corrected,, over 6 k depending on package,, just got the little Edmund blurb on the 3500, Vehicles also getting pretty heavy as well. Looks like same weight as my 94 F150.. Probably be fine, first boat ? Or first boat in awhile ? Mine will be here in Oct, see you on the water !

15. Member
    Wouldn’t a Z19 have surge breaks standard?

16. Member
    Joe, its my first glass boat.....have been in plenty and towed a few with other trucks. Potomatic, yes it has brakes on one axle....thanks MAg....

17. Member
    Mag, did you keep it out of overdrive and cruise off?

18. Member
    I pulled the Z-19 almost 400 Miles this weekend and it had ZERO problems....even was able to use Cruise and OD for some good stretches.....did down shift manually to 3rd for some pretty good hills, but overal did great

No MPG? took a SIGNIFICANT HIT...LOL

19. Member
    Sorry didn't back to you sooner but yes cruise on flat, off on hills, really likes to downshift hard on hills. Yea, don't look at MPG numbers lol, there's no replacement for displacement when towing :). I'm in a 2015 Duramax now and won't look back.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    you are maxing the weight out,, probably over loaded both the tongue and total. quick google says you are rated at 3500 lbs max, and 350 lbs max tongue. overloading tongue will make ur steering squirrelly, not enough percent of trailer weight on tongue will make the trailer squirrelly, the fact others have done it and didnt die doesnt mean its prudent to do so.
    I would think best thing is to stay within MFG's specifications,, Ideally well below mfg's specs. are you still on fence between the 19 and 18 foot boat ?

A 4.0 v6 won't be anywhere near maxed out with that boat. It is rated to tow around 6,000 pounds. I tow a classic with a 200 and it pulls it just fine on hills, at interstate speeds, etc. Have put nearly 50,000 miles on trailer with zero issues. This with a 2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 Prerunner. Tows just fine. Lay off of overdrive and it will last forever. With overdrive on, trans temps will definitely climb on most any truck, really stresses the band for that last gear.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200