Bailey Foil Feedback on V20

Well I took my sweet time getting the foil and spoke with several of you re the benefits. I was skeptical and the thought of drilling 6 holes in my cavitation plate made me pucker up a bit. Took it out for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. It definitely helps the overall performance. My impressions are as follow:

1. Hole shot was noticeably improved with the nose not coming up so high. In the past, I had a little blowout as she broke over to plane but that went away completely.
    2. I am now able to stay on plane fully tucked under with no porpoising at 21mph vs 29mph without it.
    3. Cruising at about 30-40 with just a little trim keeps the boat hooked up very stable on a rough lake conditions with no wave jumping or porpoise.
    4. Coming off plan to idle the amount of porpoising is greatly reduced.
    5. The amount of backwash was reduced.
    6. Running while trimmed out was not affected at all.

Money well spent and it looks really good. I went with black to match the merc with Mercury cutouts in grey to match the torquemaster lower unit. Looks like it was a factory option.

What prop are you running?
    2015 Legend V20
    250 ProXS
    Lowrance HDSLIVE 12s/16
    BBC Member since 2003

3. Legend Boats Moderator

Love mine also
    Ricky Rutherford
    2017 Legend V20
    2017 250 Pro XS

I had thought about getting the plate as well on my V20 however I went with a 24P 4 blade prop which helped a lot with holeshot, especially w/ two guys in boat and water in livewells. I did lose about 2-3mph top end so not happy with that result. Also still get the porpoise action at slower speeds.. Maybe this is the way to go and stick with the 3 blade If the holeshot improves and I don't lose speed. I also have the Atlas hole shot plate which helps too.
    2015 Legend V20
    250 ProXS
    Lowrance HDSLIVE 12s/16
    BBC Member since 2003

6. Member
    I am running a 3 blade Fury 24. I also have a 4 blade Fury 24 but have not tried it for awhile. The 3 blade has been blueprinted and 3 addl small holes drilled I run it with 1 of the large holes plugged. Seems to be the optimum for me with a light to med load.

7. Member
    Glad you finally pulled the trigger! Love mine for all the same reasons!