Thread: Final price?

Final price?

A local dealer has a brand new camper marked down for what appears to be good price (contingent upon using their financing). Th first four or five other dealers I have found so far are anywhere from $2k-5k higher. My question is there typically additional wiggle room in these prices even after they have been drastically reduced?
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

Not much give in the price usually...however, you may could neg. in some extras like a hitch, hoses, etc.
    Glowin' Thanks to Bluewater LEDs

3. Member
    "A good price" is very subjective. What percentage off the MSRP are they at?

4. Member
    I have found 18% off of camper retail is a good place to be. I got little over that on the camper I bought last thanksgiving. It was a around a 50-60k camper

5. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    I checked bout three different places for same model make, I think I found it same exact camper for like 3,500 bucks less , couple hour drive , they matched it. Or I’d drove for that much.

Low ball the hell out of them. You're already into the next year models (2019) being on the lots. Which makes the one you're looking at a year older. Although its new, its still depreciating by the day. See just how bad the dealer wants to get that dirt off the books. Plus you're coming into a slower time of year. Summer vacation time is essentially over, school is starting, etc. Dealer may be motivated to move existing units.

7. Member
    50% off msrp. I bought a 2019 in March, so 18s should be really cheap.

8. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    50% off msrp. I bought a 2019 in March, so 18s should be really cheap.
    Same almost, when I bought my 2009 north trail I got it in March of 2008

9. Member
    Check online for issues with Camp America and their financing. Seems they have a lot of complaints and issues from what I have read. Check the fine print on any financing.
    dvl2700

10. Member
    The camper in question is a 2019 Crossroads Volante. It says mark is right around $46k with a “sale” price of just under $34k. So currently it’s about 26% below mark. Of course you have to use their financing to get the “sale” price.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

11. Member
    Wiggle room should always be explored.
    Could you pay off the balance the next month?
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

12. Member
    They more than likely have an early payoff penalty for the first 12 months. I've made that mistake before. I told my wife the last time I WILL NEVER USE IN HOUSE FINANCING AGAIN. I have great credit and could finance anywhere but I used house financing to get an extra rebate. It wasn't worth the hassle to refinance it after the fact. They will tell you anything to get you on contract. Make sure you take their word for nothing and read every word on the contract before you sign. If they won't give you the same deal if you find your own financing I would walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Faststreak View Post
    I have found 18% off of camper retail is a good place to be. I got little over that on the camper I bought last thanksgiving. It was a around a 50-60k camper
    30 percent off MSRP is usually where people start on campers. If you only got 18 percent the salesman got a nice payday.

14. Joe4d
    bewareof "rule of 78" and make sure it is simple interest and no early payoff.. I shopped around on my boat loan, got same thing from boat dealership, but rates they quoted were the same as other places so no whoop. I do need to read it though as it is just verbal so far. he keeps harping on 10 years, I only want 4.