Lake bought gas...

I filled up my tank a couple of times on the lake when I was on vacation. I brought the boat home with half a tank of that gas, and forgot to put in stabilizer. It's been about three weeks. Too late to do it now? Do I even need stabilizer for gas bought on the lake (does it have ethanol)?

I'd go ahead and go fill up with non-ethanol.
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17

Unless it said non ethanol on the pump. Chances are it has it. Just add enough stabilizer for the whole size of the tank and fill with fuel.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Add stabilizer and relax. I doubt that lake gas had ethanol in it but even so three weeks isn't that long. Every marina I've bought gas from only sold non-ethanol gas.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The gas at the lake pumps around me don’t contain ethanol but a fuel stabilizer won’t hurt. I only put stabilizer in mine if I’m not going to use it for more than 2 weeks.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    I agree with the above posts, go on and put the stablizer in, in won't hurt anything. However, all the gas docks around here sell only ethanol free gas, but the lake you were on may be different.

7. Member
    I would go ahead and add the stabilizer then top it off. IMO if you don't add fuel to "stir it up" I doubt that it will be well mixed with the fuel.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

If it is ethanol free you ae fine, I have gone three months without running and it was fine.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

9. Member
    I've kept my gas tank full and treated for the last three boats I've owned (2002-Present) with no issues.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Ok I have a question for the group. Hopefully someone will know. I buy ethanol free all the time. But it come out of a pump that has the others gases. So they all use the same hose and nozzle. So if the car in front of me pumps 10% ethanol, then I pump non. To I get what was in the hose, or does it have a drain back system on the pump. Thanks

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

11. Member
    Good question Glenn . Hard to believe that there wouldn’t be a little left in the hose . I have my doubts about any of those pumps that have every blend coming out of the same hose

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

12. Member
    To the OP...can you look up the telephone number of the gas dock/marina where you bought the gas and call and ask if they only sell non-Ethanol?

re Gas in the hose..I can't believe that there is enough gas is in there to make much of a difference, but, if I had a concern, I'd bring along a small gas can and fill it part-way first......and proceed with filling my boat. Then, I'd dump the small can's contents into my car/truck.