Old Tackle Box in the Barn

Was digging around in a family barn this weekend and came across an old tackle box. Most of the contents were old monofilament and lead weights, but there were these few baits. I doubt they are all that old and not worth much, but I am not a collector. Anything here of any interest?

The Devil's Horse Rooter Jr is one I hadn't seen before.

If anyone is interested, let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    The rooter is in a better color. I'm not sure what it's worth, but it's at least worth $15. Others aren't worth that much. Cool find though. If you've got a price in mind and want to sell, feel free to shoot me a PM.

4. Member
    Actually, some of the other lures might be worth more than just a dollar or 2. The Pinfish in good condition MIGHT bring a few dollars. If the original Bomber is wood and has no worm burns with good paint it might bring a few bucks. But to me, the 2 South Bends are likely to be very desirable as I believe they are early models. They are a nice group of lures that even though they aren't going to quicken your retirement, they will bring a little money in, IMO.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by preacher ed View Post
    Actually, some of the other lures might be worth more than just a dollar or 2. The Pinfish in good condition MIGHT bring a few dollars. If the original Bomber is wood and has no worm burns with good paint it might bring a few bucks. But to me, the 2 South Bends are likely to be very desirable as I believe they are early models. They are a nice group of lures that even though they aren't going to quicken your retirement, they will bring a little money in, IMO.
    Good catch on the south bends Eddie. I just glanced at them and didn't pay much attention, but it does look like they are an earlier model

6. Member
    Thanks for the help guys. I sent them off to a new home. Maybe someone will get some enjoyment out of them. I would have just chunked them in a box.

7. Member
    I can't tell from the pics, but the SBs look to me to have slick , painted eyes....I thought the older ones had pressed eyes and were stenciled on the back Nip-I-Deedee and Spin-I-Deedee....The newest ones, the Luhr Jenson's, have slick eyes , but are marked on the belly Luhr Jenson ???? I don't collect 'em so wouldn't know...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LureheadEd View Post
    I can't tell from the pics, but the SBs look to me to have slick , painted eyes....I thought the older ones had pressed eyes and were stenciled on the back Nip-I-Deedee and Spin-I-Deedee....The newest ones, the Luhr Jenson's, have slick eyes , but are marked on the belly Luhr Jenson ???? I don't collect 'em so wouldn't know...
    Yeah, they are marked I believe, but I'm pretty sure some of the older south bends just had regular painted eyes too.