A seat cover question

I have dual color red/black seats on my Skeeter. The Red side trim panels are cracked but the black seating panels show no cracking or distress.
    Is it feasible that the outer red trim panels (only) could be replaced and sewn to the existing black panels?
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

One of my services is marine upholstery....I’d redo the entire seat. Most times when you try to sew new to old...you don’t get the long term result you’re lookin for.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Yeah, replace it all. Your black will get more holes in it and the seam will tear apart like paper in a spiral note book.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    One of my services is marine upholstery....I’d redo the entire seat. Most times when you try to sew new to old...you don’t get the long term result you’re lookin for.
    Crank, do you have to have the boat to make replacement seat covers? Not sure how the boat industry works. I was able to replace my truck seat covers with a company online. I guess they have a repository of the different seat specs and are able to cut based on vehicle model, etc.

Can the same be done with boats?

Thanks, Robert

Most if not all marine upholstery shops will not have a pattern for all the different seats. We take the customers seats apart stitch by stitch and make a new seat skin. So we use your old skin to make the pattern and of course repair/replace any foam issues, add new plastic, etc....so to finally anwer your question, don’t have to have the boat but really need the seats to make the new ones. Tks.
    www.ncboatguy.com

Call Skeeter with your hull #'s. They should have the pattern and the material. They'll sell you the covers already to put on, then you have to find someone to put them on.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Most if not all marine upholstery shops will not have a pattern for all the different seats. We take the customers seats apart stitch by stitch and make a new seat skin. So we use your old skin to make the pattern and of course repair/replace any foam issues, add new plastic, etc....so to finally anwer your question, don’t have to have the boat but really need the seats to make the new ones. Tks.
    Crank,

Please move closer to Tomball, Texas

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

That’s a long way from the house. As stated get some skins from Skeeter or I’m sure you have a good shop close by...
    www.ncboatguy.com