Xpress xp200 catfish

I am looking at a 2019 xp200 catfish. I am looking for yalls opinion and pros/cons on this rig. It has a Yamaha vmax 115 on it and the sportsmen package. Looking for issues and opinions.
    Thanks
    Robbie

2. Member
    Depending upon what you expect from it, it should serve you well.

A pad hull (Hyperlift) will offer better performance and likely a better ride although a 115 is a little low h.p. For a 20' boat.

ymmv

3. Member
    The hyper lift hull is out of my price range. I'm not interested in Mach 1 speeds. Just want dependability and toughness. I'm told this setup runs in the mid 40s mph range and that is more than adequate for me. I love the layout and the wash down pump will definitely be handy. Catfish slime is a hazard in a boat. Lol. My main concern is the stuff I'm reading is issues with customer service and trailer issues. I don't like surprises so I figured I'd ask actual owners how they felt about Xpress quality.
    Thanks
    Robbie

I went into mine knowing that the customer service would be non-existent. I haven't had any problems out of mine Other than a few cosmetic details, weld flowed into the drain hole causing drain to seep water so I took I file and smoothed it out and I had a bad habit of nocking the compartment gaskets loose so I glued them in with a bead of silicone. As for the trailer I have popped one rivet loose on the inner fender. I think I have headed off any issues just by retightening all the bolts. I do this twice a year and other than the very first time have not had any loose hardware. I had more issues with my Ranger trailer than I have this one. I know Xpress has improved on somethings since I've got mine. I'm surprised that the xp200 is only rated for 150hp and the F series Yamahas seem to last forever.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

5. Member
    Robbie, I am on my second Xpress bass boat. The first was a X60 18' with F100 Yamaha bought new in May 2001. Kept this rig for 10 1/2 trouble free years and now have a 2018 H17 bass boat with F90 Yamaha and this combo has been trouble free also.

To me Xpress is one of the best built aluminum boats on the market.

Both of mine have Hyperlift hulls so I have no experience with Hydro dynamic hulls of the XP series. The pad hull is not just about speed but also very good at releasing when run over a shallow stump.

Good luck with your Catfish XP200. It is a fine rig and should serve you very well.

6. Member
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. Can never have too much information. Customer service is the biggest concern right now. Although my dealer is top quality and been in business as long as I've been alive. I'm a mechanic by trade and do marine work on the side so handling issues won't be an issue. I'd just like to not have any issues and would like to know I have the best support from the manufacturer if I did.
    Thanks
    Robbie

7. Member
    Alright guys. Boat had to be ordered with a mid October completion date. Went with the 115 sho with cable steering. Hope not to be lacking in the steering and regret not going hydraulic but we'll see. Trying to keep costs down as much as possible. Went with the sportsmen package and dropped the trolling motor and batteries. I spend most of my fishing time on anchor anyway. Any input on the steering is welcome. Countdown to delivery now.
    Robbie