Thread: SL4 question

Post SL4 question

Has anyone here tried a Hills signature SL4 on a 2017 or similar year zx225 if so what was the best P2P height what pitch 24 or 26 and how did you like it.
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

I have one on my 2015 ZX225. I went with the 26p, but it is a little stiff. The 24p would be too loose. I really wish they had a 25p. Mine typically runs 68-70mph at about 5800 rpms. I'm sure it would do better if it was Croxtonized. I wanted to keep it stock, because I planned on running it in the mud. These tidal fish get shallow.

It's a big blade, so you can run it pretty high. I have a Bob's j/p, so I have no idea what P2P I run. I know it will run just as high as the T-1/T-2.

It's not a great performer (stock), but it really isn't designed for bass boats. It does what I bought it for, so I have no complaints. If you don't plan on running shallow, I would recommend letting Mark work the 24p for you. I believe that prop would make a good 4-blade for rough water.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by utinator View Post
    I have one on my 2015 ZX225. I went with the 26p, but it is a little stiff. The 24p would be too loose. I really wish they had a 25p. Mine typically runs 68-70mph at about 5800 rpms. I'm sure it would do better if it was Croxtonized. I wanted to keep it stock, because I planned on running it in the mud. These tidal fish get shallow.

It's a big blade, so you can run it pretty high. I have a Bob's j/p, so I have no idea what P2P I run. I know it will run just as high as the T-1/T-2.

It's not a great performer (stock), but it really isn't designed for bass boats. It does what I bought it for, so I have no complaints. If you don't plan on running shallow, I would recommend letting Mark work the 24p for you. I believe that prop would make a good 4-blade for rough water.
    appreciate the info I’m going to call holeshot propeller this week and see if they can knock out a 26 to a 25, does it have good lift? I have a T1 which’s runs awesome had a little cup added to the tips but if I can get a 4 blade to run 70+ on it and handle the rough water good the T1 will be a spare as it handles rough water pretty good but lake Conroe gets rough in the summer and Sam Rayburn can get really rough anytime the 4 blade should handle it better with a load hopefully
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

It has a lot of stern lift. That keeps the boat level when you hit a wave and/or go airborne. You don't need any more bow-lift on these boats. Stern lift will make it ride smoother.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

5. Member
    Thanks new one should be here next Tuesday according to UPS, if i have to it will be repitcged to a 25 but I think I may be able to turn it fine only one way to find out
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

Oh, you can turn it alright. If you raise the jackplate high enough, you can turn anything. You might have 30% prop-slip, but you can turn it.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

7. Member
    LOL. Figure I’ll run it about 1 1/2” to 1 3/4” below pad and pull some numbers off of it then send it in to be worked hopefully after it’s worked I’ll get 71-73 out of it close to 6000 rpms and I’ll be happy. It’s really the wrong time of year in Texas to be playing with props we will see how it goes may need to wait till October and pull numbers again before I send it off to be worked.
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles