Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hope the ride is good.

We'll just pulled the trigger on a new 2019 z 21 with a 250 4 stroke. I hope they ride better than they used to. I'm coming out of a 18.5 foot champion to a 21 foot nitro. What can I expect ride wise?

Well u said use too. Assuming that is from experience. If u did not like how it rode why on earth would you buy one.

My opinion is its a good riding hull. But coming from champs too, champs were one of the best riding boats. Between an 18 ft and a 21 ft I's lean towards the Nitro being a better overall ride.
    Last edited by BMCD; 08-13-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    It’s still a wide body boat so rough water there’s usually better options. There’s days I’ve been impressed on the Great Lakes then I’ve had days I couldn’t get it to ride good. It’s a trade off in stability and ride. My legend ride better but was more of a wet ride but there was times I had to crawl damn near to get to the bow
    Nitro z21

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suprtrkr1974 View Post
    We'll just pulled the trigger on a new 2019 z 21 with a 250 4 stroke. I hope they ride better than they used to. I'm coming out of a 18.5 foot champion to a 21 foot nitro. What can I expect ride wise?
    If you are coming from a 184 or 186 Champ it think it will be a good ride for you imo. And those 2 Champs ride good.
    Last edited by Sports1; 08-17-2018 at 04:23 PM.

5. Member
    My Z21 rides better than any Champion I have been in.

6. Member
    Well I had that exact boat (Champion 186) and have ridden in (and drove) my buddies Z20. I found it to be a lot better and stable ride. Going to a Z21 it will be a solid improvement, I wouldn't worry..

7. Member
    I have an 18'-8" Z-7 and like the ride of it better than one of my friend's similar sized Ranger. I image the one you just bought rides even better.

8. Member
    We'll I got the new boat done some break in time on motor just riding around, and have to say I am thoroughly impressed with the ride of this new z21. Haven't been able to really open it up yet, but it'll jump up on pad pretty quick it's stable and cuts corners and waves real well. Can't wait to open it up and get on some chop to see how it compares to the old champ, but so far I love it.

9. Member
    Put a hydro jackplate on it and it will ride even better... if you have not already

Quote Originally Posted by 665 Almostevil View Post
    Put a hydro jackplate on it and it will ride even better... if you have not already
    Why is that?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suprtrkr1974 View Post
    We'll I got the new boat done some break in time on motor just riding around, and have to say I am thoroughly impressed with the ride of this new z21. Haven't been able to really open it up yet, but it'll jump up on pad pretty quick it's stable and cuts corners and waves real well. Can't wait to open it up and get on some chop to see how it compares to the old champ, but so far I love it.
    Post a picture or 2 when you get a chance.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Why is that?
    I think what Bryan is trying to say is that a hydro jackplate setup the same as a non-hydro will run the same. Hydro just helps adjust on the fly better and it's more convenient.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

13. Member
    Most boats run better in rough water with the hydraulic jackplate set differently than when it is in calm water. But faster at another setting so if you have the hydraulic jackplate on there while it is convenient, yes not being static. So yes, it will run better because you don’t have to trailer the boat to find the sweet spot for either situation. I think than might be what 1974 is saying.

Sports1, that is what I assumed he is saying. Suprtrker1974, shoot us some numbers when u open it up.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Sports1, that is what I assumed he is saying. Suprtrker1974, shoot us some numbers when u open it up.

16. Member
    I can't figure out how to post pics from my phone for some reason or I'd post some. As far as the hydro jackplate not sure it would make any difference with the 4 strokes. Had one on my champ I just sold with a 150 4 stroke on it and no matter if I moved it up or down the most I would pick up would be about 1/2 mph.

17. Member
    PM BMCD for his cell number and send them to him. He can post them for you. Looking forward to some more numbers after the break in period.
    Last edited by Sports1; 08-21-2018 at 05:51 AM.

I can't do photos from my phone either. Get them on a computer, resize them to a smaller size and then you can post em.
    Last edited by BMCD; 08-21-2018 at 10:21 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

19. Member
    Oh well. It was was worth a try. Can’t wait to read some mores numbers.
    Last edited by Sports1; 08-21-2018 at 11:29 AM.

iPhone, I go to my pictures, select one, email it to myself, then it asked what size, I start with medium, to to email, save the image and try it, if it is still to large I send it as small, save, post.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast