Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacklenerd View Post
    I have the K, 70, and sold my Tatula SV. The spool on the SV is too slow and you can tell as it suffers alot in distance compared to the other 2. Dont let the homers tell you different, the Curados can skip, you just need to tighten up the spool control cap. I would take a Tatula Ct Type R before an SV. It casts alot better but still not to the level of the Curados. I sold that one too. Also Daiwas dont resell very well compared to Shimanos. Dont even get me started on smoothness and power. The Tatulas feel geary compared to the Ks micro gears. Try and go to a store and handle one and you will see what im talking about. The 70 casts great but the line cap is too small. You could easily spool it with anything 1/2 oz and up.

anyone giving advice to tighten the spool cap to skip is handing out advice that should be disregarded. more water time practicing technique, less spool tension.
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamey1e View Post
    Guys thanks for all the help. I ordered a Tatula SV to try.
    I think you will be pleased. I have been a curado man forever and recently converted over to all Tat SV's. The last few years of curado have just finally run me off. you still cannot beat the old greenies and until I bought these new SV's, that is what I had gone back to due to my growing frustration with my curados. . Starting with the Curado G and up till now, the quality of the curado has just not been there in my opinion. The K's were truly split personality, throwing great one day, then un throwable the next. Not to mention the requirement in Shimano's own paperwork requiring daily maintenance. I and many other recent converts are finding the tatula truly maint. free and a delight to cast: much like the curado's of OLD!

Quote Originally Posted by jprovencher80 View Post
    anyone giving advice to tighten the spool cap to skip is handing out advice that should be disregarded. more water time practicing technique, less spool tension.
    And who made you the authority?

I don't have any experience with any you listed that you want to try. But, I did see you are currently using 13 Fishing Concept A's and are moving away from them. I have was using Abu's and tried an Inception and like them about 100 times better than my Abu's and have started migrating to the Inceptions away from the Abu's. Why are you looking to move away from the 13 Fishing reels? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    I don't have any experience with any you listed that you want to try. But, I did see you are currently using 13 Fishing Concept A's and are moving away from them. I have was using Abu's and tried an Inception and like them about 100 times better than my Abu's and have started migrating to the Inceptions away from the Abu's. Why are you looking to move away from the 13 Fishing reels? Thanks.
    I've had them for several years and honestly I feel the reels just don't preform like they should. Or in other words, there may be better options.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12