Which one is best Jayco Eagle or Open Range

I go the Jayco dealer they talk about how great the Jayco Eagle 338RETS is, then I go to the Open Range dealer and they say that they are so much than Jayco's. I know salesman want to push their product of course but come on. Don't put down another brand to try and sell yours , it makes you look like a jealous ex girlfriend. I know there is good and rv' of each brand, but is there anything to look for in both of these. We're looking at the Jayco Eagle 338 rets and the Open Range 323rls. Both are bumper pulls. We'd love to have a fifth wheel, but we have to use the bed of our truck and this is the layouts that fit our lifestyle.

2. Banned
    The thing I don't like about open range is the cable slideout system they use.

3. Member
    You want two ACs definitely.

4. Member
    I have looked at both, I think they seem to be comparable. One Open Range I went in had some floor flex, haven't ran into that with a Jayco. Jayco has a 2 year warranty, what's the Open Range? Do get 2 ac's, better to not use one, than to need extra one.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

5. Member
    Jayco

6. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    I've had Jayco's and an Open Range "Light". I like the Open Range better. Jayco purchased Open Range then Jayco was acquired by Thor Industries. Most likely, they are all manufactured with similar components now because of the economy of scale. Who knows, the Open Range line may build new trailers and put a Jayco logo on them now. They're all "brands" now.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

Well... I've gone in both and looked at craftsmanship and quality of materials. I've walked away leaning a little more toward the Jayco. I like both of these, but the Jayco we're looking at is basically a 5th wheel that's a bumper pull. The ceiling is over 7' tall and that's a huge difference for me cause I'm 6'3". Even the slide outs are 6'5" tall. Leaning toward the Jayco unless I get a wonderful deal on the Open Range.

Jayco
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com