2011 Pro Xs 150 oil leak

I have a 2011 Pro xs 150 that is dripping oil from somewhere. I have had the reservoir on the side of the motor changed because the threads were broken on the cap. Then I thought maybe the oil pump was leaking but it turns out it was a loose line on the new reservoir. I’m still getting oil from somewhere in the cowling. Any help would be appreciated I don’t know what else that it could be.

Serial number: 1B849915

2. Member
    look at oil pump closely (likely) and all oil line connections
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I had it in the shop because I figured it was the oil pump. They checked it all out and found a loose line they fixed that but I am still getting oil from somewhere. Didn’t know if there could be something else that could be leaking or maybe it is just residual.

4. Member
    Might be helpful to clean all the oil residue off and note if it returns. If you're using Mercury or Quicksilver DFI it will fluoresce under UV light which could help in locating leak source.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Awesome thanks! I didn’t know that you could see it under uv

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor