Local Mercury Service Center

Looking for some recommendations on Mercury Service Center. Preferably in the Central Indiana area. My local shop shut down about 10 years ago and I haven't really needed one since. I am having some issues with my Optimax and was wondering who everyone trusted. Thanks for any and all help you can provide.
    2004 Ranger 520VX Comanche SOLD
    2016 Phoenix 921 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEDIVER36 View Post
    Looking for some recommendations on Mercury Service Center. Preferably in the Central Indiana area. My local shop shut down about 10 years ago and I haven't really needed one since. I am having some issues with my Optimax and was wondering who everyone trusted. Thanks for any and all help you can provide.
    Sherm's Marine in Wabash.
    Rick Ehlers
    Avon Indiana

Vexus AVX1880 w/ 115 Mercury

3. Member
    Sherm's Marine.... He's a Mercury Master Mechanic

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Yep, call Sherm's Marine. He's just south of Wabash, Indiana a few miles from Mississinewa Reservoir. Not a long drive for you at all. You won't find a better Mercury tech anywhere. 260-563-8051
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

5. Member
    Wow three post and a pm all suggesting the same place, that's awesome. I guess if I can't figure this out on my own I'll be contacting Sherm's. Thank you guys very much for the help.
    2016 Phoenix 921 Pro XP

Sherm is where I take my boat, bright side I live in wabash so it is convenient too.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

7. Member
    If you cant get into Sherms you may try Steves Marine in Brookville Lake / Liberty, IN area.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

Wow three post and a pm all suggesting the same place, that's awesome. I guess if I can't figure this out on my own I'll be contacting Sherm's. Thank you guys very much for the help.
    What kind of issue are you having ? Have you posted on the Mercury page ( with your serial # ) ?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ891 View Post
    What kind of issue are you having ? Have you posted on the Mercury page ( with your serial # ) ?
    Champ, yes I did but it didn't get much attention. I did figure out it was a bad under cowl oil tank sensor. Parts are on the way. I do unfortunately still have to find s shop with a computer to do a oil system bleed procedure.
    2016 Phoenix 921 Pro XP

10. Member
    Any Platinum dealership with have this.

11. Member
    Champ, yes I did but it didn't get much attention. I did figure out it was a bad under cowl oil tank sensor. Parts are on the way. I do unfortunately still have to find s shop with a computer to do a oil system bleed procedure.
    go back to mercury engine section and check the top of the page,i think it tells how to bleed the system,should be fill oil tank up,loosen cap on oil tank on top of the eng and let engine idle till oil starts coming out then close cap (dont over tighten cap it will break)

12. Member
    Oil Pump Prime sequence done on the Computer Diagnostic System..
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    go back to mercury engine section and check the top of the page,i think it tells how to bleed the system,should be fill oil tank up,loosen cap on oil tank on top of the eng and let engine idle till oil starts coming out then close cap (dont over tighten cap it will break)
    This procedure is for bleeding the under cowl tank. I’m talking about the oil pump prime sequence done on the computer diagnostic system.
    2016 Phoenix 921 Pro XP