Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    i wipe mine down every time because i am lazy,either wipe it down now (takes about 15 minutes) or wait till it dries and spent 4 hrs cleaning it i wash my boat about twice a year and wax it one time a year i use the pro-tech products it looks good all year

2. Member
    Just bring an extra bottle of water with you. Poke a few holes in it and wipe the boat down everytime. I think it takes 10 minutes...
    I spray wax after that, but this only adds a few more minutes.

My closest lake is 1.5 hours away. Cleaning and polishing at the ramp is just a waste of time. I wipe it down and spray it with quick mist within a week of last trip.

4. Member
    Sometimes I wipe down at the lake.
    Most of the time I wash and do a mini detail about every 3 trips.
    I always keep the top deck and cap clean each trip.
    If a water scum line is there after fishing the boat gets a wash at home before I put it up.
    Keep up with cleaning and boat always look great.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesjet View Post
    My closest lake is 1.5 hours away. Cleaning and polishing at the ramp is just a waste of time. I wipe it down and spray it with quick mist within a week of last trip.
    Pretty much what I do...and the cap gets more attention than the hull most times. Boat looks great anyway.

6. Member
    I just get a rag wet from the bilge water or livewell and wipe it down before I put the cover on. Or I spray it down with Ducky's water spot remover and wipe it off before the cover goes on for the drive back to the house. The Ducky's really works well.

7. Member
    i wipe my boat down after every use - either quick wax or quick mist - i have not had to wash my boat in a long time. also keeps it looking good.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

8. Member
    I wipe mine down at the end of each weekend and use spray wax every few trips. A very thorough polish and wax once a year along with a power wash of the carpets will keep it looking like new. 15 years on the first Ranger and 16 on this one...still looking good.
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

The only time my boat gets wiped down at the ramp is if I'm going to fish multiple days back to back. Any other time it gets washed each trip and then wiped down with some sort of spray wax before being put into the garage. From there it gets vacuumed, live wells cleaned, and all the trim/upholstery gets wiped down. My boat also gets a fresh coat of wax 4 or 5 times a year. I know it's overkill but I've always taken really good care of everything I have. It's how I was raised.

Wipe mine every time with Bass Boat Saver. Great stuff and keeps your rig looking great. Makes it easier to wax and keep clean if you do it every time. Doesn’t take more than 5-10 minutes.

I like fishing out of a clean boat. I dont understand why everyone doesnt.

12. Member
    Dean, you're being a little bit cruel! I'm that one guy at Rayburn and, come to think of it, I haven't been weighing in enough lately! Might as well wipe it down, I don't have to wait for the pay window. Nobody's mentioned it, but I've found that if I get my towel wet with lakewater from where I am everything comes off easier. Especially on the lakes that leave the white scaley stuff on the leg - Livingston, Fayette, Belton - it will just wipe off at the lake with a towel and lakewater. But let it get home, and it almost takes a grinder. I just catch a little coming out of the foot or livewell. I even found that the easiest way to get it off the leg is when the leg is hot from running, wipe it down then with lakewater. I also typically hit it with Lucas about every 6 times.
    Bryan O' Z521-250ProXS V8
    Total Recreation Products Inc.
    Commercial Park and Playground Equipment
    totalrecreation.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan O View Post
    Dean, you're being a little bit cruel! I'm that one guy at Rayburn and, come to think of it, I haven't been weighing in enough lately! Might as well wipe it down, I don't have to wait for the pay window. Nobody's mentioned it, but I've found that if I get my towel wet with lakewater from where I am everything comes off easier. Especially on the lakes that leave the white scaley stuff on the leg - Livingston, Fayette, Belton - it will just wipe off at the lake with a towel and lakewater. But let it get home, and it almost takes a grinder. I just catch a little coming out of the foot or livewell. I even found that the easiest way to get it off the leg is when the leg is hot from running, wipe it down then with lakewater. I also typically hit it with Lucas about every 6 times.
    I'm just lazy Bryan!...(and old)

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Glade this was mentioned, last time at river below Barkley Dam, the scum line was awful, wiped it down all but behind the fender where you can not reach with anything because it’s so tight. I guess I will have to hit that while in the water, the L boats are tight on the trailer!!!
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rubberma...usting+wand%7D

Can you use slick mist on the motor too...or just the boat?

16. Member
    I wipe down at the ramp after every use. Sometimes I use wax as you dry, but mostly just wipe off the water with high quality microfiber. It takes less than 5 mins and cuts cleaning time by at least half. Take care of your crap!
    2006 Ranger Z20 Comanche

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    Can you use slick mist on the motor too...or just the boat?
    I use it on everything boat, motor, powerpoles, jackplate, trolling motor and all

Quote Originally Posted by jt c View Post
    I use it on everything boat, motor, powerpoles, jackplate, trolling motor and all
    Thanks

Slick Mist every trip. Top cap gets it in the garage every now and then too.

I got one like this at the Dollar Store for a couple of bucks ... works like a charm!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast