Thread: gt150 wiring

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    BTW OMC made an error that was never corrected in the parts fiche/catalog from back in the day the ignition diagram shown it for the TL (9 Amp) ignition not the 35 AMP GT/XP ignition system the 175 GT/XP uses the same harness so use that diagram for reference.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    You may not believe it Juggie but I've worked on these motors too.
    I know you have worked on these motors, I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I also know that the 1989GT had Quikstart, so my smiley was because I felt that SMR's remarks were directed at Art's answer and question, and was curious what his response would be. When I posted that I was waiting for Art's response I didn't mean that you should not have helped out. I think that Art's response would have been greatly different and amusing if his situation was different. Chit! Now I have to explain myself on this forum, I think I'll go stick my head in the toilet and flush it.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 316jughead View Post
    I know you have worked on these motors, I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I also know that the 1989GT had Quikstart, so my smiley was because I felt that SMR's remarks were directed at Art's answer and question, and was curious what his response would be. When I posted that I was waiting for Art's response I didn't mean that you should not have helped out. I think that Art's response would have been greatly different and amusing if his situation was different. Chit! Now I have to explain myself on this forum, I think I'll go stick my head in the toilet and flush it.
    No need to give yourself a swirly! I knew that Art has a lot on his plate right now so I decided to jump in, I'm surprised you didn't. No need to explain yourself your post are spot on, hell sometimes I have to put the dunce cap on and sit in the corner.

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    No need to give yourself a swirly! I knew that Art has a lot on his plate right now so I decided to jump in, I'm surprised you didn't. No need to explain yourself your post are spot on, hell sometimes I have to put the dunce cap on and sit in the corner.
    NAH.......That's MY job!!!!

5. Member
    The cover to the terminal strip has been missing for as long as I remember, and I believe my photos were on another computer that crashed a few years ago. The manual I bought is for a 1990 as I couldn't find a 1989 at the time and were told they are the same. I'll take another look at it. Also called a buddy that has one and will go see him.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Correct, 1989,1990 and 1991 are all the same so the 1990 manual will work just fine.

7. Member
    I ended up peeling back the wrapping on the wiring harness and found these to be grey wires that connect to the tach. Also found out the tan sensor wires are green under the wrapping and after chasing them around found out a couple of the sensors were not connected correctly. Took it out yesterday and it runs fantastic. Thanks for the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12